2012 Consultants Invitational Derby

Deewar25

Hi all - for those that commonly help out and those that are willing for the first time, our derby will be held next year on July 28th at the Prestige Oceanfront Resort. As always, we will be on the lookout for skippers that are able to help out so if you are interested, please drop a reply or PM myself or Chris73. You can find more information at our website:

http://www.consultantsinvitational.ca/

As usual we are looking for volunteer skippers for our derby again. Date: July 28th, weigh-in at the Sooke Prestige. Free ticket if you take out min. 2 guys (or girls if lucky...lol). All funds go to the Sooke Hatchery or other local salmon projects. No cash prizes but many nice prize items. Nice dinner, free beer, live music. Focus is on fun, camaradery and fundraising. If you are interested shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Im hoping we have a chance to kep a fish for this derby guys.... good luck

The Derby is a Go, no matter what. Even if we have to come up with stupid rules for the winners. There is no cash prize, only the bragging rights so the pressure is little in this derby. But we simply cannot afford to lose another fundraiser for the needing salmon projects. An this derby is not only proportionately to its size the largest donor of all derbies but as far as I know even in total pretty close to the largest donor. So please help out and support if you are interested in helping our salmon.

not sure if I will be able to, on holidays at that time. May be on the water fishing with my boy as he will only be here for 2 weeks this summer

getting closer to the date now and things are coming together - still put out the request for skippers - guys that just want to help out taking consultants without boats out - gets you into the invitational event ($60 ticket) and eligible for all the prizes and they help cover the costs (+free beer and bbq of course!). Personally I am looking for a bigger boat 21+ that can take out a group of 3 from Vancouver (for starters), so if that fits your spec, please drop a note here or a PM but we need boats of all size 17'+.

Also, any guides on the forum, can you give us a heads up if you are still available July 28 - I think we have most of the ones I know booked already, but I imagine there are still a few out there in the woodwork!

BWD - thats all I'm willing to accept as gospel right now....lol
At least the Washington marine came down to 1-2' as well - wasn't liking the 2-4' they had yesterday across the strait. Would make for a sloppy morning in the ebb.

Another successful event! Thanks to all who helped out. Thanks to the weather gods for a beautiful day. As good conservationists we of course didn't kill too many fish - especially big springs. But many many big grins and smiles on participants faces tell the story. In the end a truly good fisherman won 1 oz over Capt'n Wolf's guest - how much more drama do you need for a good story!?

$10k raised for a good cause. I am proud of all of you who were part of this. Together we can achieve anything as a sportfishing community and even have a lot of fun doing it!

Cheers!
Chris

Another successful event! Thanks to all who helped out. Thanks to the weather gods for a beautiful day. As good conservationists we of course didn't kill too many fish - especially big springs. But many many big grins and smiles on participants faces tell the story. In the end a truly good fisherman won 1 oz over Capt'n Wolf's guest - how much more drama do you need for a good story!?

$10k raised for a good cause. I am proud of all of you who were part of this. Together we can achieve anything as a sportfishing community and even have a lot of fun doing it!

Cheers!
Chris

Hey Chris,

Thx for asking me to be a boat in this event. It was good meeting two really great guys we would not otherwise have met and my wife and I had a lot of fun.
Did not catch any springs (you know me and the elusive summer chinooks!! LOL) but guests had fun catching a few hatchery coho.
The dinner was excellent too!!

A big thanks goes to you and your colleagues for organising all this. It must be a ton of work!

hey, just wanted to pass on again a big thanks to the skippers that offered up a seat or two or three on their boat, I have heard several glowing reports from guys that hadn't even fished before including with a few skippers from here....thats what its all about - converting non-fishers to addicted fisherman and your willingness and patience I think have converted at least a few! I know one father/son combo that had never fished before and their skipper got them into 4 springs before 7am...they already booked him for 'next year'! Great community involvement.
Englishman, didn't get a chance to say hello on land, but here was a drive by shooting :)

SAM_1645_2048x1536.jpg

Good one Dewar25! That is the first picture of my boat actually on the water, so it has been duly captured and downloaded to the family archives.
Thx for this.

Englishman

Just a quick update for those not aware, with some extra generosity from the Prestige and a few additional savings we discovered, we ended up with an additional $4000 for donations, making $14,000 overall. Beyong the $10,000 to the SSES, $2000 went to Esquimalt Anglers to go towards enhancement on Craigflower Creek, and we just assigned another $2000 to the Nootka Sound Watershed Society for a chinook net pen project off Gold River. Please check out our website http://consultantsinvitational.com/ for more information and mark July 20, 2013 on your calender for next years event. We will put up an update in the New Year as a separate thread.

Back