200lb PowerPro

Great info from all ,thanks for the posts and emails.
appreciated , I think the issue here for me is , fishing deeper water than average , 200 - 250 , dragging bottom , this is where I had my issue , the slippage of the release clip up towards the Red Stopper Bead , Waves , bangin bottom ,reeling up on the slack in troll, etc ... caused the release clip to meet the downrigger pulley before the red stopper hit the auto switch , lost 2 clips because of this ,Even with surgical tubing on the clip. 3 guy's now said " No Glue "..The stackers ??, is this 2 grips and a snap ring between the two on the lanyard , the snap ring around the D/R Line , a grip on the D/R line , last a grip on the Fishing line , ??

A few say double up the red stoppers , clip just below it , also dbl up the stopper .this should work for most . I will try this my next outing first , if that fails , I am going to use the " crimps" ( used on steel line , to attach are Ball hooks) , with a red stopper directly below as a visual , and last my clip below them to complete. .
Thanks again , still open to suggestions, ,,thx ,,,FD

IMG_1356-1-1-1.jpg

Fogducker, it's been said before, but use a crane swivel between the braid and a 3' piece of green ganyon line.
the swivel acts as shutoff for your downrigger.
the ganyon is heavier line and the release clips won't slide on it.

Offshore makes a stacker rig very similar to the Scotty powergrip "stacker" that Juandesooka posted. IMO Offshore clips are the best clips if you use spectra on your fishing reels as well. Regarding losing your releases because they hit the pulley and went adios into the drink. I saw a couple of posts a while back, they threaded dink floats or corks onto the release line. That way if the release falls into the water it floats and can be recovered.

Back