2003 Yamaha Kicker - STOLEN - Fraser Valley area

Finished Business

Hey guys.

Tis the season! Apparently someone felt they needed my kicker motor more than I do, and stole it last night off the boat, parked in my driveway.

Was in the Mission, BC area. Stolen last night some time Dec12 or morning of the 13th.

Blue Yamaha 2003 9.9 High Thrust.
Serial # 6 6 8 L 1 0 0 1 4 0 0

Noticeable features:
At the back of the motor, where the cowling (hood) meets the body, there is a chipped piece of metal and is slightly corroded. Otherwise is your typical 9.9HT with a white Yamaha HT Prop.

Please be on the look out for it. I know a lot of guys on here are craigslist hounds in the boat section so if you see anything similar, please call:

Mission RCMP (non-emergency): 604-826-7161
Police File # 2013-13673

Thanks and....happy holidays?

-FB

PS Who is better to handle this, home insurance or boat insurance?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks check out your policies.... Boat insurance some times offer full replacement, well most home policies only offer up to $2000. Also need to check if the premiums would change and the deductible. Watch what you say best to study up on them as some insurance companies won't insure past victims or charge them higher rates.

Not your home insurance FB unless its worth $5,000 or more.

If you make a dinky $2,500 claim you pay your deductible, lose your claim free discount and your rates go up then say you have a flood and make another claim. Oh shoot now your premiums are real high. Then next year this ******* comes back but instead of stealing off your boat they ransack your whole house. Now you've got 3 claims in 3 years nobody will insure you or if they do the rates will be sky high and your deductible will be around $25,000. You never want to have multiple claims in a short period so little losses like this are better to just suck up and pay for yourself. You might come out ahead going through insurance but if you need to use insurance again shortly after youll come out way behind.

Good luck I hope you find your motor. The perp will never face a consequence though because this is canada and nobody saw him steal it so nobody can prove he stole it even if its in his possesion and for sale on craigslist.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Sounds like boat insurance is the way to go.

I had it locked to the super structure of the boat, and if anyone knows my boat, its not an easy motor to remove. They cut through everything but the steering arm. They even stole the lock that "secured" it to the boat.

They police do have a pretty solid database for outboard theft. The serial number goes in "the system" and it is accessible by all departments in the US and Canada. So hopefully something comes of it, if not I guess thats what insurance is for.

I have insurance with Dolphin in Vancouver. Hopefully all goes smooth.

Thanks

That sucks Nick. Keep your chin up man and don't let the bastards bring you down.

Its up, not to worry. Been a crazy month and this one kind of caps it off, even chuckled abit because I had a feeling coming around the corner of my garage and yup. It was gone.

I'm sure there will be a minor headache or two, and a deductable is never sweet but, what can you do?

Watch your gear fellas. They are out there. Most everyone has their boat out of the water, ripe for the pickin'. BS.

Hi Nick
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I had my yammi 9.9 stolen a number of years ago. It was not a good feeling. I hope you either get it back or if not that you find something better.
h.e.h.

I just went and had a look at mine.....Merry effin' Christmas..... That totally sucks FB. My honda's are only covered for their actual value through my insurance..... Not replacement. For instance I had to fight to get my mid 2000 kicker valued at $2000. My broker told me they have books that determine the value and it's a set rate. Also, as I'm sure you know, those little id plates come off pretty darn easy with a tap of a chisel.

Good luck, let us know how it works out. I'm curious to see if they would attach a rider to your insurance...... A clause for say 5 years regarding future thefts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back