2003 Yamaha 225 HP 4 Stroke

Yes sounds good, we will stay in touch. a few early hali's would be awesome.
Dam maintenance I just had to replace two macerater pumps, zinc's internal and external, and spark plugs and I'm still debating on the espar heater.

aug201010.jpg

Are they Jabsco pumps? I just repair them and keep refurbished ones ready to go. I'm repairing and lockwireing all my ground tackle. Putting a lock harness on the anchor to the Gypsy and a safety line on the anchor so it can be pulled out backwards if it snags. Been meaning to do it for years-now is the time.

th_fishing2006026.jpg
"So many fish-So little Time"

Yes!! The only thing that goes wrong with those pumps is the chopper gets stuck due to fishing line,electrical ties or what have you -in that case you just free it up. The only other thing is a nitrile(rubber) impellor has 6 to 8 vanes-gradually they start to come off-I have seen them work with as few as 2 vanes left but not well. Replace the impellor. The kit comes with all the necessary gaskets.The kit is about 23 bucks from Nika or steveston Marine. I pick up an extra mascerator(when on sale), put quik connect electrical spades on all of them and then a replacement is easy. Mascerator blows a fuse its the chopper stuck-not pumping its the impellor or an air leak. Hope this helps.

th_fishing2006026.jpg

quote:Originally posted by spring fever

Who is your dealer and how long was the warranty. How long have you had your Zuke and how many hours on it?

th_fishing2006026.jpg

Dealer was Breakers in Bamfield/Port Alberni. Engine that had an issue with the impeller breaking and causing an overheat had just turned over 500 hours. Dealer serviced, new impellers every year so it was deemed to be a faulty OEM part that failed. No questions, brand new power head was installed N/C. My most recent engine has a 6 year warranty. Most are coming from factory with a 3 year warranty.

I doubt very much if Yami would have replaced the power head - a former yami mechanic told me they would have simply tried repairing the head gasket and put the engine back together. Suzuki didn't blink, they simply wanted to do the right thing....brand new zero hour power head. Needless to say, when I bought my new Grady with only 200 hours on 2003 Yami's...I got rid of them and put my Suziki on the Grady and purchased a brand new counter rotating engine to match. I love the twins! The other reason I stuck with Suzuki is I get outstanding service from Breakers. I can't put a price on the value of that service.

Regardless of which engine you decide to go with, the bottom line is what service are you getting from the local dealer...if that is important to you.

Searun

th_067.jpg

quote:Originally posted by spring fever

Who is your dealer and how long was the warranty. How long have you had your Zuke and how many hours on it?

th_fishing2006026.jpg

Dealer was Breakers in Bamfield/Port Alberni. Engine that had an issue with the impeller breaking and causing an overheat had just turned over 500 hours. Dealer serviced, new impellers every year so it was deemed to be a faulty OEM part that failed. No questions, brand new power head was installed N/C. My most recent engine has a 6 year warranty. Most are coming from factory with a 3 year warranty.

I doubt very much if Yami would have replaced the power head - a former yami mechanic told me they would have simply tried repairing the head gasket and put the engine back together. Suzuki didn't blink, they simply wanted to do the right thing....brand new zero hour power head. Needless to say, when I bought my new Grady with only 200 hours on 2003 Yami's...I got rid of them and put my Suziki on the Grady and purchased a brand new counter rotating engine to match. I love the twins! The other reason I stuck with Suzuki is I get outstanding service from Breakers. I can't put a price on the value of that service.

Regardless of which engine you decide to go with, the bottom line is what service are you getting from the local dealer...if that is important to you.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Yeah I agree with you -warrenty service shouldn't be an issue but I believe it has been with some Yammi dealers. I'm going to look long and hard for the next one! You got to wonder at a company that has a known problem with so many engines and ignore it and don't do a recall and fix the problem!!

th_fishing2006026.jpg

Flushing and zinc changes dont matter the problem is in the hot exaust area in the leg it is a coating flaw or metalurgical, they wont say and they definitly dont back you.

Back