2002 double eagle 166l questions

islander55

I've got a 2002 double eagle 166l with a 2022 mercury 90 efi 4 stroke . It's got a 19 pitch 3 blade prop but I max out at 4500rpm which I feel weird about since the sweet spot is 5-6grand rpm. I'm almost wondering if it's heavy foam under floor . It has the nice floor with the built in fish well same as what trophy boats have . I'm wondering if it's sealed foam or if there is no foam under the floor any advice is much appreciated
Thank you Tight lines eveeyone

I've got a 2002 double eagle 166l with a 2022 mercury 90 efi 4 stroke . It's got a 19 pitch 3 blade prop but I max out at 4500rpm which I feel weird about since the sweet spot is 5-6grand rpm. I'm almost wondering if it's heavy foam under floor . It has the nice floor with the built in fish well same as what trophy boats have . I'm wondering if it's sealed foam or if there is no foam under the floor any advice is much appreciated
Thank you Tight lines eveeyone
I'd look at engine hight and the other easy stuff before the foam. You should do much better than 4500 with the dealer 3 blade 19p. Somethings wrong there. Even if you had an extra 300lbs of water in the floor (which would be a ton) you should still do fine.

I have a 19p on a 115 yam hung on the 17.2 eagle which is quite a bit bigger and gets to 6000. Something more than prop is up with your boat/ engine Instal. I'd see you maybe not getting past 5500 running light but 4500 doesn't make sense with a stock 3 blade Merc prop.

I'd look at engine hight and the other easy stuff before the foam. You should do much better than 4500 with the dealer 3 blade 19p. Somethings wrong there. Even if you had an extra 300lbs of water in the floor (which would be a ton) you should still do fine.

I have a 19p on a 115 yam hung on the 17.2 eagle which is quite a bit bigger and gets to 6000. Something more than prop is up with your boat/ engine Instal. I'd see you maybe not getting past 5500 running light but 4500 doesn't make sense with a stock 3 blade Merc prop.
Yeah I have no idea I mounted it my self . The leg is where it should be

Back