20 Hourston Project

Slowly getting the boat done. I have to say my finishing is terrible, I will take that on next spring to make it perfect. Hoping to launch Thursday
Lots of updates. New seat covering, airmar thru hull transducer, Bennett electric tabs 12x12, new switch panel, led gunnel lights.
Nothing screw to the floor, bedded and fibreglass. Gone thru 25 yards of 1708
I like your flush hatches in the pics. I was so exhausted by the time I finished my floor I didn’t bother. Your finishing work will come with time and perfection ends the second a friend drops a cannon ball on your deck after bouncing it off the hull and gunnel lol.

Have a good weekend E8B91B6A-E61D-44AF-9479-36B406D0A32A.jpeg

Last edited:
killing machine! Looks awesome. Excited to hear the numbers the 200 gives i bet fuel burn will be really good. 16 pitch Eco prop?
16 eco. Top speed 46 ish mph light load trimmed right out. Cruise at 28 4000 rpm 7 gal an hour. Really happy everything hooked up and ran. Stock hourston side tanks are 80 litres each if anyone has that question. Plenty for me.

gotta love 4mpg that's some "cheap" boating. Any pictures of her in the water? 46mph is very fast that's a decent top end no doubt you must be pretty happy. Good work

gotta love 4mpg that's some "cheap" boating. Any pictures of her in the water? 46mph is very fast that's a decent top end no doubt you must be pretty happy. Good work
I will double check the fuel rate 4 seems to high.. Cheap to run, all day westcoast fishing with about 2.5 hours running on the main rest trolling is 90 bucks

28 miles divided by 7 Gallons, that’s excellent.
I run around 30mph, 4400rpm for 8-9gal/hr depending on trim. 225 zuke. Not a speed demon, tips out around 46mph but the way it’s propped when you need it you got it. I try not to spend much time on the inside so suits my needs.

I will double check the fuel rate 4 seems to high.. Cheap to run, all day westcoast fishing with about 2.5 hours running on the main rest trolling is 90 bucks
4mpg is correct. Mine did 56mph with 250 v8 when the boat was light and had the 1st offshore bracket design. It got around 3.9-4.2 when light and in flat water, back before I added a bunch of systems and boring safety stuff and more fuel and gear.

last year I could hit 48/49mph and cruise around 28-29 at 3800rpm between 3.6-3.8 mpg. with full planning pod like doubleheaders, I'd say your bang on at 4mpg.

Back