2 stoke oil recommendations?

fair enough, just trying to rule everything out, just seemed kinda funny that the difference in the thickness of the oil seemed to be apparent, i know it is the same thing when you buy auto parts, lots of places just buy name brand stuff and re-brand it for there own ei, oilfilters and brakepads n such. thanks for the offer Enniberg but without fire in the holes there will be no need for mix oil.. , tried EVERYWHERE to find a 70/75 horse johnson/evinrude powerhead. what i am left with is a fancy lawn ornament with lots of nice fishing attachments..
Had a problem with my 115 Johnson after running the Co-Op brand(Sonic I believe it's called) Ran the Johnson XD-30
stuff for the first year or so,then switched to the Co-Op stuff,as it was a couple of dollars cheaper a litre. Noticed
right away as you did that it was quite a bit thinner. Two tanks of gas later,my motor wouldn't start at all.After
screwin' with it for a couple of days,I gave up and called the local mobile marine mechanic. The carbs were screwed
so 2 rebuilt carbs and $240 later it was running great.Switched back to the XD-30 and haven't had a problem since.
Don't know if it was the oil,but after talking to the mechanic,his suggestion was to run the best quality oil I could
afford.If I was you I'd stay away from that brand and do the same. Just my 2 cents!

Thanks Fishnfnatic, i just gave them last two jugs away, the westmarine brand seemed to be the ticket , good thick oil with a darker bluish color.. if i can find a used powerhead i will spend the extra on good oil for sure..

Thanks Fishnfnatic, i just gave them last two jugs away, the westmarine brand seemed to be the ticket , good thick oil with a darker bluish color.. if i can find a used powerhead i will spend the extra on good oil for sure..
Smart decision jeffy. I've also used the Shell Nautalis brand over the years as well,with no troubles,but found the Johnson XD-30
smokes alot less. It's red in color also which is different from all the other 2 stroke oils I've ever used,which are always
blue in color.As mentioned before,I think the majority of them come from one source and the company just throws
their label on it.

The guy took 3 years to make his first post and you question him about it. No wonder people are afraid to post...:)

Thanks for the heads up Yoda..

hehe lol..

Back