2 nd Annual Sooke halibut Derby get together

Optimist

We are having a get together on March 21st, Wednesday evening at Buffys Pub on West Coast Rd next to Silver Streak Boats,between 7-9 pm .Tickets will be available for the derby a chance to get together and shoot the **** about hali fishing ,cheap burgers and beer ,calander girls will there as well.

Hope to see you there

Last edited by a moderator:
We are aware of that thanks Doug,just the way it worked out,i don't know about you but its time to think about fishing and leave the politics to the guys that are working extremely hard behind the seens,these decisions are being made on everyones best interest,not just one specific user group,its getting tough to listen to all the ******** on this site ,time to get back to basics and enjoy sportfishing for what it is..

We are aware of that thanks Doug,just the way it worked out,i don't know about you but its time to think about fishing and leave the politics to the guys that are working extremely hard behind the seens,these decisions are being made on everyones best interest,not just one specific user group,its getting tough to listen to all the ******** on this site ,time to get back to basics and enjoy sportfishing for what it is..

I'm with Doug on this one. If you and the guys at your social are totally happy with all halibut decisions made to date and any and all decisions that might be made in the future, then go ahead. If not, as many folks posting on the halibut threads have said, time to get involved and be heard!

I feel a Frenching coming on ! Lol

Englishman your kinda new on the seen but there are guys like the optimist and I who have been fighting this fight when they first gave us this stupid 88/12! Tom Daves, Ward Bond, Steve and myself were going to all the mp offices years ago to try and fight , we argued till we were red in the face that we didn't want a quota! You know what they all told us! To bad your getting one but not to worry there would never be a inseason closure! Guess what many years later closed!

I'll be at the meeting but you can't blame the guys that are done with the system and are just going fishing!

Steve/Trev, I understand what you're saying.

Back to the derby:

I've heard the derby is only selling 200 ticket, so that means there will be only 75+- boats fishing so hopefully a sell out is achieved prior to the 21st

I've got my tickets and anyone else planning to fish the derby better get theirs before they're sold out.

Back