2 Gold Island M3 Reels, Basically new

Spooler

Hey guys, two great reels for sale. They are in excellent condition but went to Trophys as I lost 3 nice fish with these due to not enough practice with the drag system.

I am on the ferry but thought I should post it before Fathers Day. I will be at the Silva Bay derby and can bring them on the boat I recon for interested parties.

$400 ea (as in each )

email if you want them at the derby I will be leaving in the morning. (ron@ronhayes.com)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Convert those to paddle handles and problem solved. The reason your drag backs out is when the fish starts to run and you leave your fingers on the handles (even for a turn or 2 as fish runs away), the way your fingers grip the handles, the finger tips grab the drag adjust knob and back out the drag. I know after years guiding with those reels that is the problem. Islander could fix it by changing the drag knob, but they are not interested in making change - thus the move by a lot of die hard Islander guys to either convert to paddles or go with some of the nicer reels now offered by the competition at a far lesser price.

Back