1995 Yamaha 225 ox66 2 stroke part needed ASAP.

Rayvon

While I was doing some engine maintenance on my motor while in the water I dropped a vital piece overboard.I was cleaning the O2 sensor and when reinstalling I dropped the draw tube in the drink.I had divers try to recover today,but they couldn't find it.I've ordered a new one from "Sim Yamaha" online, but I don't know when I'll receive it.To get out fishing sooner,I'm wondering if anyone has one in their boneyard? I've checked all the local dealers with no luck.Picture attached.
Part# 65L-11353-0000

1659654090021.png

do you know if it is the same on the ox66 150hp? if it is i have one you can borrow

do you know if it is the same on the ox66 150hp? if it is i have one you can borrow
No,I'd have to look into that to see if the part# is the same .Thanks,I'll get back to you.
The kicker is that the motor was running fine,but I saw multiple threads of people saying to be sure to clean the O2 sensors on this model motor and now I'm stuck.

Last edited:
Forshe Marine in Sidney found a similar piece they think will work till I get a new one.

I've got a blown up 225 ox66 in my yard, however it belongs to my client. Not sure what he's doing with the engine. I can ask him

I had a local marie shop give me a quote on a new 300 Mercury,could not believe they want $55K installed all in.No way that's going to happen.

I had a local marie shop give me a quote on a new 300 Mercury,could not believe they want $55K installed all in.No way that's going to happen.
I would see what Sherwood is charging for a 300 zuk these days if your looking to repower new. They were the cheapest on the island when i bought mine. Otherwise keep an eye open for a used 250-300 4 stroke.

The Mercury 300 quote is nuts,I had a Yamaha 300 quote just under $40K.The old Yamaha 225 OX66 is running strong enough to get me through this season,but I'll be pricing Yamaha and Suzuki before next spring.Hopefully supply will be back to normal by then.

Boats.net is a great for picking up parts for the ox66!! Has parts diagrams for all engine and ships to van in a couple of days if your willing to pay the extra shipping!!
The ox66 are a beast!!
Lots of info online about these motors!!

Boats.net is a great for picking up parts for the ox66!! Has parts diagrams for all engine and ships to van in a couple of days if your willing to pay the extra shipping!!
The ox66 are a beast!!
Lots of info online about these motors!!
Thanks for that.I ordered throught "Sim Yamaha" and wanted fast shipping,but it was very expensive.I am impressed with the power of the 225 OX66,but feel a 300 would be the right upgrade for the 2470 Pursuit.Should be able to cruise at lower RPM and save on fuel and of course no oil.

I run the same engine on my gw 208. Had the same engine before that siezed so I have a bin of parts for that engine if anyone needs.
I got a quote for a new 200 zuk installed and it came to 28k. Gonna ride the 225 til it dies but it just keeps going. If anyone sees a working power trim for that engine i be interested. My seals are shot so I just leave down for the 6 months in water .
Ps. Do you guys know what wot is for that engine. I've never run above 4000 rpm
(30mph)and am not even sure what max rpm is
Mo

My boat with a 17P stainless prop will hit 5200 RPM. At 4000 RPM it cruises at about 26MPH. and 13GPH.

You just have to laugh sometimes at the stupid cost of things these days.The little part shown above that measures 1-1/4" x 3/8" overall showed up today by UPS shipping in a 10" square box filled with paper and the part.Total cost-$60 for part,$154 for shipping and duty,total $214.
I've already installed the used part that I bought for $40 and it runs great. Live and learn.

I used "Seawings " once in the past and they were great,but I was in a rush at the time, not knowing if I could find the used part.

Back