1994 Pursuit 2350 Walkaround

Your right saanauck its a back to back bench seat with storage compartment inside, not sure I liked at first but we will see how it works out.

I have a bud that wanted a used ,solid 24-26',so he went to most of the guides in an inlet on the WC. Most rec late 80s early 90s Pursuit-FG was cheap then and Pursuit used it well. Great hull and repower-I think I would go with twin 150-good to have that backup when off shore. good luck,tight lines.

When I brought my boat across I had the seller break down the purchase price into 3 pieces
Boat hull and rigging/ motors/ trailer and I valued the components appropriately for tax purposes
I needed a letter of recall from the trailer mfg stating the trailer had no existing recalls
I tried that 2 years ago, they dont care anymore and charge you applicable taxes on the "Package" which may or may not also include any tackle........go figure eh

Good hull, gas the motor and find a fairly low hour pair of 150's and you're well on your way. I like the idea of twins if you can do it but many a boat runningh around with a big single.

I tried that 2 years ago, they dont care anymore and charge you applicable taxes on the "Package" which may or may not also include any tackle........go figure eh
Interesting… I brought this boat back in 2010 so I guess it changed.

Your right saanauck its a back to back bench seat with storage compartment inside, not sure I liked at first but we will see how it works out.
I think you are really going to like the bench. Besides the storage, it's great spot to sit facing and being really close to grabbing the rods when they pop. I wasn't sure when I saw the bench seat in mine but I love it.
IMG_0678.jpg

actually that bench seat is pretty cool, in the OP's original picture I thought it was a live well under the canvas

Good hull, gas the motor and find a fairly low hour pair of 150's and you're well on your way. I like the idea of twins if you can do it but many a boat runningh around with a big single.

Reel Gone I would love twin one fitties, the is boat rated for 275hp max,not sure I can afford right now.

Glad to hear that makes me feel better about that, beauty boat looks like you got the toe rails love the color of your seat, matches the boat, man if you have any more pics would love to see some

Here are some more. Your going to be impressed with the way these old hulls handle. I have had to do a bit of wiring maintenance but for the most part she has been really reliable.
IMG_0671.jpgIMG_0672.jpgIMG_0674.jpgIMG_0681.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_pursuit.jpg

I had that boat for a while, and had a fiberglass guy close in the transom, added a pod, and found a used F250. I added aft steering, and replaced the wood with starboard on the toe rails and other. Nice riding boat with a huge dancefloor. Sadly, I never liked the seating arrangement. good luck. DAJ

Attachments

• 2350 aft deck.JPG
    2350 aft deck.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 600
Here are some more. Your going to be impressed with the way these old hulls handle. I have had to do a bit of wiring maintenance but for the most part she has been really reliable.
HL, you really should try to clean that boat up. Its a mess....................

Dance a Jig, that looks like a sweet setup,couple questions for you, was it expensive closing in the transom?looks like you would have added a ft or 2, love the the aft steering idea, as I seem to spend most of my time at the back of the boat anyways, what didnt you like about the back to back bench seats?
Thanks

I had a 2150 and now a 1999 2470 Pursuit. I just re-powered my twin 150' (2strokes) with a 300 yami 4Stroke :cool:. As for your controls, you would only be able to use them if the engine was of similar vintage if Im not mistaken. Great boat!! Enjoy!

Jeffb, Wow! that's a whole lotta motor, what are the 2470s max hp rated for? My 2350 max hp says 275 but it seems I've seen a few with twin 150

Dance a Jig, that looks like a sweet setup,couple questions for you, was it expensive closing in the transom?looks like you would have added a ft or 2, love the the aft steering idea, as I seem to spend most of my time at the back of the boat anyways, what didnt you like about the back to back bench seats?
Thanks

Bloodbuggy,
yes it was expensive closing the transom, though I can remember how much now. One needs to a) close the transom which is pretty easy, b) extend the deck over the former splashwell while matching non-skid and having self bail incorporated into the design, c) create an aft gunnel. My takeaway was there was a huge dance floor, but ..... if I wanted such space, it would have been better for me to buy a 2350 with a transom already closed in, which they made with a small livewell. Evidently Pursuit made some podded 2350's, but the pods were primarily a fiberglass pod that over time the foam inside became saturated with water and very, very heavy which can be found and the pod replaced, although I understand they did make a few Armstrong aluminum pods as well.

As to the seating, I like back to back, but if I am at the helm station and need to get somewhere quick, I have to climb over someone. I think a solution would be a smaller back-to-back like a boston whaler Montauk seat, or seats on each side.

Starboard toe rail and other starboard, including redoing the dash was a no brainer. very inexpensive for materials, and something easy to do, and looked great and reduced the maintenance for the wood trim.

PM me if you need more thoughts.

good luck. DAJ

DAJ,
Thanks for that info, that was my first thought with the back to back seats, I fish mostly with my Father in Law and he is not exactly speedy gonzales on the strike, so Im usually the one hook setting and then handing him the rod, another reason why I really like the Aft steering idea.
Thanks.

Reply for the first boat posted if I wasn't guiding the boat I would get a health check on the current outboard, change thermostats, impeller and the usual maintenance stuff, if leak down and compression are good run it. Those older v6 yamis are work horses they smoke but that's a good thing as you know it's getting lots of lube they were built to last. The new 2 stroke DFI in my opinion run to lean and I believe the only reason for that is to make todays emission standards, I'm sure the designers weren't happy to have to run them that lean. If you have a kicker and plan to troll most of the time chances are your main will be only running for a couple hours each day tops. For the extra bit of fuel it's not a big deal when you look at the cost of a replacement new or used in a four stroke of that size not to mention a used four stroke could have it's own set of problems or a ton of hours on it. I would figure out how many hours a year you will be realistically using it to develop some numbers in making the right choice for you.

Back