1994 Mariner 115

Arjento

Hey Guys,

a while back I posted about looking to upgrade the motor on my boat. I have decided brand and size to get but the dealership is offering me trade in value. Just wondering what you guys think it might be worth sold privately.

It is a 1994 Mariner long leg 115hp with 110 hours on it now. Very low hours I think anyways. How much you guys think it's worth? I firmly believe it has been a lake motor most of it's life until I got my hands on the boat a year ago. It runs great. Starts up everytime. compression is good and even. I think it was 150's last I checked.

Anyways just want to see if there's a reasonable offer out there I was thinking 2700.00 any thoughts or people looking for a used motor?

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated,

Arj

That's a fair price for what you have there,I think.Low hours and freshwater use are big selling points.Is it an inline 6 cyl.
or 4 cylinder?

Hey Guys,

a while back I posted about looking to upgrade the motor on my boat. I have decided brand and size to get but the dealership is offering me trade in value. Just wondering what you guys think it might be worth sold privately.

It is a 1994 Mariner long leg 115hp with 110 hours on it now. Very low hours I think anyways. How much you guys think it's worth? I firmly believe it has been a lake motor most of it's life until I got my hands on the boat a year ago. It runs great. Starts up everytime. compression is good and even. I think it was 150's last I checked.

Anyways just want to see if there's a reasonable offer out there I was thinking 2700.00 any thoughts or people looking for a used motor?

Thanks for the input guys much appreciated,

Arj

10 years old, not sure of it's history, a Mariner brand and at least 2 owners...If the dealership is offering your anything close to $2000 I would jump at it.
Good luck selling it yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:
10 years old, not sure of it's history, a Mariner brand and at least 2 owners...If the dealership is offering your anything close to $2000 I would jump at it.
Good luck selling it yourself!

Actually it's a 20 yr old motor if it's a 1994 model.

I agree with you on jumping on a reasonable offer.

You'd likely be able to get 2k privately given it has even compression and a good story behind it, so if dealer will offer close to that take it as it's less hassle to have them take it off your hands than sort through all the tire kickers, etc. that will come around this time of year. In the spring/summer people are itching to get a motor on their boat if they need one, not so much this time of year, in my experience any way.

You'll need to hold out for that perfect buyer if you want close to $2,700. That guy who just LOVES mariners, needs a new motor, and prefers a two stroke. Oh ya he also needs to live near you, And he probably wants a warrenty.

I think for $1,500 FIRM it would sell quickly. You could certainly get more (maybe try 1800 firm or 2,200 and prepare to Haggle). But for how long do you want to be a used outboard salesmen instead of a fishermen? A 20 yr old motor with 100 hours has sat A LOT and its a mariner which right or wrong is generally considered a lower end brand. Better then force - but not much else.

If I was a buyer I wouldn't trust the lake only and 100 hours (haven't you noticed almost everyone's boats even with electric downriggers and high end electronics are "mostly fresh water use").

Keep in mind you usually don't pay tax on your trade in amount so that adds 12% to any dealer offer. Some guys love the buy/sell haggle dicker but personally I like to list for a price that moves it fairly quick and just give a ready buyer a good deal.

Sold the motor guys thanks for all the advice. New motor is on and now it's time to get out boating to break it in. I just need to get passed that first three hours of nitpicky up and down lol

Back