1982 Ex DFO 24 foot double eagle

A fresh coat of black bottom paint will make that boat look like $1,000,000.
It’s a super cool boat, and when you pod and repower it, will be an amazing machine.

Thanks! I'm looking into doing black bottom paint next, i might take on the task myself.

Last edited:
Looking great with the kicker hanging off the back and all the electronics on. Interior is looking good, can't believe she is an 82. Having the larger beam is rare and now that you have gone over the two engines you are ready for a great season. Think you’ll take her for Tuna this year? Do you know the size of the gas tanks?

Thanks! depends, I need to get a bunch of hours on them first and feel them out, maybe if the tunas aren't 80 miles out! I've read sometimes there 30ish and that wouldn't be so bad. From what I can measure the fuel tank is approximately 100 gallons, 200L took it to just over half but it wasn't quite empty,

What would peoples thoughts be on power for podding? Now it sits at 170hp (rated but who knows exactly) each rated at the engine so im figuring 150ish at the props and outboards are rated at the prop, if I pod it I'll be loosing approx 800lbs +, each engine and drive assembly I read weighs 750lbs. The boat is aprox 7000 now, Used 225s and 250s come up way more then 300s.

What would peoples thoughts be on power for podding? Now it sits at 170hp (rated but who knows exactly) each rated at the engine so im figuring 150ish at the props and outboards are rated at the prop, if I pod it I'll be loosing approx 800lbs, each engine and drive assembly I read it 750lbs. Used 225s and 250s come up way more then 300s.
If you mean twin 225s or 250s yeah by all means that would be enough power but a single one, for your size of boat and how heavily it's built, I would really want more power. Even 300 I would say is too little, just my 2 cents.

What would peoples thoughts be on power for podding? Now it sits at 170hp (rated but who knows exactly) each rated at the engine so im figuring 150ish at the props and outboards are rated at the prop, if I pod it I'll be loosing approx 800lbs +, each engine and drive assembly I read weighs 750lbs. The boat is aprox 7000 now, Used 225s and 250s come up way more then 300s.
Seen some nice boats a little bigger than yours with twin Suzuki 200’s. I think No bananas went from 250’s down to 200’s. The guys who run them seem go like em.

3' long , full width hull exension - twin 200's, boat will ride like a 28'

We’ll figure it’s time to do an update,

The 24 is getting closer!

Finally yanked the engines and sanded the bottom, filled the out drive holes and had dss welding here in Duncan build my pod and second steering helm,
Built a new floor and glassed that down.

I picked up a 2017 300 25” verado that came with complete dual station power steering with tilt main and dts controls and every hose and harness it needed including active trim and a vessel view display, even an enertia eco 16p prop.

The dash is done, second helm is finished, mounted the main and kicker, ran all the power steering hoses, mounted and ran all wiring for the dts controls, and have had the engines running and everything works!
Even ran the tach wire from the power steering so when the kicker is running it turns on the power steering pump.

Still need to run new fuel lines, mount battery’s and complete the wiring, install bilge pumps and extend the leg to 30” and get a tie bar and paint the bottom before sea trial.

Stripped the old decals off the 300 and gave it a polish, half the decals were peeling and missing.IMG_2823.jpegIMG_2863.jpegIMG_2865.jpegIMG_3070.jpegIMG_3076.jpegIMG_3310.jpegIMG_4032.jpegIMG_4567.jpeg

We’ll figure it’s time to do an update,

The 24 is getting closer!

Finally yanked the engines and sanded the bottom, filled the out drive holes and had dss welding here in Duncan build my pod and second steering helm,
Built a new floor and glassed that down.

I picked up a 2017 300 25” verado that came with complete dual station power steering with tilt main and dts controls and every hose and harness it needed including active trim and a vessel view display, even an enertia eco 16p prop.

The dash is done, second helm is finished, mounted the main and kicker, ran all the power steering hoses, mounted and ran all wiring for the dts controls, and have had the engines running and everything works!
Even ran the tach wire from the power steering so when the kicker is running it turns on the power steering pump.

Still need to run new fuel lines, mount battery’s and complete the wiring, install bilge pumps and extend the leg to 30” and get a tie bar and paint the bottom before sea trial.

Stripped the old decals off the 300 and gave it a polish, half the decals were peeling and missing.View attachment 103001View attachment 103002View attachment 103003View attachment 103004View attachment 103005View attachment 103006View attachment 103007View attachment 103008
That's looking great, it makes my 20' look so small. Also envious of the raised main deck and sunken cabin. Nice to see someone else has 70s "wood" trim to match a few pieces left in my cutty

I’m gonna warn you right now that the charging system on the kicker will not keep up with the draw of the verado power steering system. I have the same setup but with a 15hp kicker and the draw is incredible. Even with a dual battery setup. You will have to start your main to charge your system. 100%

This is one of the coolest boats I’ve seen. Looks like a tank!
Are you gonna “pretty it up” or leave it as the a$$ whooping killing machine looker it is?

Back