18ft Welded Aluminum Boat

litke

I'm posting this for a friend who is selling, I have fished in this boat and it a great west coast boat that has seen a lot of fish in it!
Is also posted on Craigslist Comox Vally

This boat is ready to fish, turn key ready both engines serviced regular by Yamaha.
Daigle welded aluminum soft top canopy 2003 115hp Yamaha with 8hp Yamaha kicker dual hydraulic steering.
New dual battery's with Perkins switch
Package includes Clarion AM/FM stereo, VHF radio, Garmin GPS and Garmin color fish finder.
Two Scotty long arm down rigger recently serviced.
Spare Stainless prop
Eagle roller trailer with new axel, springs, bearings and tires all recently replaced and serviced by professional mechanic.

Sorry I can't get pictures loaded as this is not my boat just helping a friend out but feel free to respond to the craiglist add Comox Valley...
He is looking to get $34000.00 as this boat is fully loaded!
Yes this boat was built by Daigle Marine

Sorry I can't get pictures loaded as this is not my boat just helping a friend out but feel free to respond to the craiglist add Comox Valley...
He is looking to get $34000.00 as this boat is fully loaded!
Yes this boat was built by Daigle Marine

Got a link?

34K? I think it will be tough to sell this boat for half of that! Has your buddy looked around recently? Sorry, I am just shaking my head.

5Z25U65S63ne3k83mdb9o575cfadbaf1c1df5.jpg

5Y65Q55Z13k13pb3o5b9oc6c95dd30f8e1a78.jpg

Pix for lazy people like me

What year is it? The hull design looks very similar to my daigle 17 but mine's open / center console (For now).
I do plan on putting a half cabin on it this winter though. I like the 115 on it, as I have a 75 honda four, but your friend would cry at what I paid for mine for in comparison, if he's asking 34k.
Daigle's are nicely built boats though I must say.
Hope he has luck with the sale. I'd say he could get 24k from what I see but 34k is a bit steep.
Also depends on what gear goes with.
I paid 12k for mine electric riggers included, as well as finder / radio etc.
I can as a welder put my own half cab on for about 1500.00 max, and put a brand new honda 115 on for 10k plus taxes, so for 24k with a brand new motor I could have the same boat. I would suggest 24k as a base price for him. Just a heads up.

25 maybe with the kicker. Also depends on year of the engines, and hours. Boats are a pretty tough market at the moment for most people.

Best of luck Heavy C

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice boat! I'd love to have that for fishing ecvi. I have to agree with FishBC though, that setup (which is nicely loaded) would probably sell for 22-24k. Not going to get 34k with 8 year old power. At least not around Vancouver and the lower mainland.

I agree with the comment about the market lately and that would be my only reservation about the pricing. The aluminum market is alot smaller than the fiberglass market. Within the aluminum market their are differently made boats as well. Daigle is a well made hull no doubt about it. When one buys an aluminum boat the hull basically doesn't depreciate like a fiberglass hull will. It's the power and electronics etc. that depreciate. If you look at the cost of building one or having one built etc. then it starts to dawn on you.

I have a friend who bought a 20' plus pod (so 22') thunderjet luxor os model (high sides) with brand new everything on it 150 horse main. 9.9 kicker and one 7" electronics screen for gps and depth sounder. All on a brand new trailer out of Oregon for just a couple thousand more.

Different boat and boat building methods but something to ponder and weigh.

You just never know. It's always good to start high and come down.

Back