159 guns stolen from island outfitters

Holmes, it aint that easy firing people nowadays. Remember, he's been charged, not convicted yet. I remember a few years ago having an issue with an employee that threatened he was going to do harm to his girlfriend, another employee of mine. The business required all of us to have carry permits and to carry a side arm (legally). When he was charged by police and went before a justice, he begged that they not pull his permit because he then couldn't work. To my amazement, they let him retain his permit which meant I had to continue employing him until he was convicted. This is how FU our justice system and labour canada rules are. Some smaller companies can get away with just telling the employee to leave, larger companies don't always have that option. Looks like IO controls worked in the end, they got the guy and good for them.

Good thing they pointed out they used the LGR to catch him. :rolleyes:

I picked up on that also, what a lame dig, now you tell me why their precious program costing 2 billion plus dollars can not red flag a single private citizen who stock piled 159 guns in four years! Like christ, thats 3 guns a month !! Just another reason that program is a waste.

I thought the same thing. It was the audit at IO that flagged a problem, not the long gun registry. The registry just made it easier for police to confirm the thief if fact had the missing guns. Why anyone would steal from an employer is beyond me. Once it is known it is an inside job, the list of suspects is really short.

If the report is accurate and true ....... : (

Employee that did this must be a REEL (hey thats meant to be a funny ) ......... LOSER with a capital L !!

Good luck and best wishes to the owner getting this sorted out !

Jail the criminal for a long long time !

HT

Why anyone would steal from an employer is beyond me. Once it is known it is an inside job, the list of suspects is really short.
My thoughts exactly-did he actually think he could steal all that and not be caught?

Interesting that an employee could make off with over 150 firearms. That's a lot of theft. That guy is good and theft protection at Island Outfitters sucks.

this guy showed up at a trap shoot (a buddy was there) 3 yrs ago with a 10,000 shotgun!!! got people thinking back then. i hope he gets his butt nailed to the wall, but the owner needs to get his head outta his butt, this has been going on with this guy for years apparently.

why steal a gun if you aren't going to steal the case to safely lock it up as well?

no brainer!

Back