15 lbs cannon ball mold with fin.

You have the new hp's from Scotty? How is this infamous green button of death working for ya all? Just askin? lol.
I have them HP's and last year I had problems with "green button of death" when it was mixed up with the handle to lower the gear. Sucked the terminal tackle into the pulley and broke the braid and down goes the CB. I switched over to ganion (sp) and so far so good. I did have a mix up and when the CB hit the pulley, I blew a fuse. Way cheaper to replace the fuse then a CB. It's early in the season so more testing (effups) are in order before I call it good. Not sure why me and my fishing partners mix up the program but it could be the beer or it could be just getting tired and not thinking strait. FA was kind enough to give me some ganion and I took 12 feet and doubled it over. I tied off the end with a granny knot and made a loop that holds one of those quick releases snaps that attaches to the CB. The other end is tied to the braid with a polomar knot.
http://www.netknots.com/html/palomar_knot.html
The knot acts as a stop bead and so I'm happy with the results. I mostly run 13lbs CB but will be running 15's after the June lead pour party.
GLG

SORRY for no getting back to you guys who sent pm's ,, never got a pm before , but now i have seen them ,i will get back to you guys, tomorrow, thaks Dave.

You have the new hp's from Scotty? How is this infamous green button of death working for ya all? Just askin? lol.

So far it just the tourists I'm having trouble with, lol. Last outing I thought I had the gangion rig down pat but on buddy's side the big knot/stopper goes right past the gate and by the time he can hit the switch the counter reads -27 feet. Im pretty sure lead sinks faster than you could grab it but its tempting. Now I have 30 feet of gangion now so if you see the green line you hit the stop cause it ain't stopping itself.

So far it just the tourists I'm having trouble with, lol. Last outing I thought I had the gangion rig down pat but on buddy's side the big knot/stopper goes right past the gate and by the time he can hit the switch the counter reads -27 feet. Im pretty sure lead sinks faster than you could grab it but its tempting. Now I have 30 feet of gangion now so if you see the green line you hit the stop cause it ain't stopping itself.

I had a few minutes this afternoon and mounted one of my new HP Scotty's and just turned the green button for a sec and was ready to turn off but by then it was -27 ft. Nearly got an eye taken out by the stopper beads and the terminal end was in the neighbours yard. I better work on a system.:eek:

Back