115 hp e tec outboard

W

WillyD

I have a chance to buy a 115 hp e tec. It will be going on a 17 ft hourston. What do you think of the motor and how will it perform. Thanks Willyd

It has a 140 hp evinrude on now. I fish barkley sound which is a 1 hour and 15 minute ride to the cabin because it is usually rough.The 140 is getting tired but still does 42 mph. 47 mph when it was new. Just looking at my options. weigh etc Thanks Willyd

I have an e-tec on my Double Eagle.It was the best bet for weight 2 power over comparable 4-strokes. very happy with it , and never misses a beat . boat goes like hell and gets better mileage then boats same size with 4 stroke power . pops up outta the hole like toast in a toaster. scot

tight lines

paul at py marine in port alberni is very good . scot

tight lines

scotty boy. Were you coming into port alberni harbour 2 weeks ago. If it was I passed you coming into the harbour. What speed do you get and how much gas from the river to Chup point. I was going to ask you questions but you got out of the water and were gone. Thanks Willyd

Just my two cents. My company had all e-tecs on our company boats. We just made the switch to Mercury due to too many powerheads blowing. Some motors where going at less than 30 hours. Granted these boats are worked in day after day but the e-tecs could not cut it.

Back