Work Channel next week!

Hello fellow fisherman, cool forum, just found it!
As a rookie salwater fisherman I'm venturing out from the central interior with a couple buds next week to the work channel-it just happens to be when we could line up our time off work. Just wondering what we can expect for action. Will the Chinook still be around? Will Coho be there yet? What's Hali fishing like this time of year out there? Any advice on bait, technique, location???
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Checked my records and found that in past years we have caught springs late June early July. Having said that, a lot of people are complaining not catching the numbers they normally do in nothern waters.
Was in Rupert last weekend didn't have much success myself but did see a few at the docks. Can't help you with halibut spots as haven't found any myself. For springs and coho follow the rest of the boats as there are usually quite a few there trolling in front of Indian rock. Hope to get in there Thursday or Friday for a couple of days. As far as gear Misty River Tackle shop in Terrace is quite well stocked and helpful as to what is hot. There are other tackle shops in Terrace but Mist is the one we use.

Whenever I've fished this time of year the chinook is fairly slow with the coho's not arriving for another 6 weeks, and the pinks usually peak around the end of July. that said you always get the feeder chinooks hanging around and people do catch some even into Sept. For Halibut you can try between Duboir passage and paradise passage there is a sandy flats through there or after leaving the mouth turn west and go past the island directly in line with the wall, the sandy flats there are quite large and slow drifting will find some good size halibuts. Be aware there are lots of arrow tooth flounders (turbot) and they cut through your line very easily so check it after each retrieve.
Good luck and watch the rip at the mouth it gets pretty wicked

Back