What am I missing???

Waterwolf2230

Hey guys,

I'm getting cabin fever and thought I'd reorganize my gear which was strewn about from last season. I started fishing Hoochies a bit more last year and had pretty good luck on the Blue Meanie UV - NP34 and the Michael Jackson - OG153R. Do you have any suggestions on a 'HOT' Hoochie that I am missing?

So far this is what I have (from top left to bottom right:

Blue Spatterback Glow - OG144R
T-Rex Glow - OG158R
Green Spatterback Glow - OG142R
Chartreuse Spatterback UV - OKM140R
Pistachio Glow - OG78R
Purple Haze UV Cuttlefish - S225R
Army Truck Glow/UV Cuttlefish - SA60R
Blue Meanie UV - NP34
Michael Jackson Glow - OG153R
Tinsel Inserts - Iridescent, Pearl and Flash

I'm pretty sure that I've seen on here guys having success with white, but there are a lot of versions of white...UV, Glow...

Anyway, thanks for the input in advance!

Curtis

Attachments

• Hoochies.JPG
    Hoochies.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 302
I'm guessing from your hoochie selection your in Campbell River. Full glow in octopus and needlefish sizes pretty much work everywhere. Green Spatterback Glow needlefish.

Also a selection of miniplankton hoochies. They don't just catch Sockeye they work well on all species. If your in Campbell River Chum love the mini plankton hoochies up there. Do a search for the Browns Bay Chum derby for all the best chum colours.

Too many hoochies, not enough time.

You have a pretty good selection that will get you fish in almost any situation @Waterwolf2230
As mentioned something white is often productive, I often refer to my white Hootchies as White Knights cuz they seem to produce when the usual gear is not working. You might want to add some glo to your arsenal too

this could go on forever like the hootchie wall at pnt!!

dont forget squirts! i use em lots!

this could go on forever like the hootchie wall at pnt!!

dont forget squirts! i use em lots!
I've only used squirts when I feel like getting some Pink's to smoke...any of you guys every use a small anchovy or fillet of an anchovy and insert it inside the cuttlefish? I had an old fella show me that last year. Had some decent luck on that combo...adds a little flavour to it.

I've only used squirts when I feel like getting some Pink's to smoke...any of you guys every use a small anchovy or fillet of an anchovy and insert it inside the cuttlefish? I had an old fella show me that last year. Had some decent luck on that combo...adds a little flavour to it.
Try a pink squirt off the green can in July. You might be surprised how well it can work

So true on the pink squirt caught 5 nice springs one year with pink squirt trolling for sockeye fishing North arm ... i wonder how it would be for
winter springs ...
I've caught lots of Tyees on an MP15 hoochie. Just rig it with a longer leader than for pinks/sockeye/coho. 42-45 inch leader if specifically targeting springs. I've even caught three halibut on that trolling rig. I never use it before July though.

Back