Steering on your kicker

kanuckle head

Hate the EZ steer, I have nightmares on setting it up & having a unexpected hair cut on the drink
Seen too many of my bro's have issues on the electronic systems ie TR1 & so so
never tried a Panther or other dedicated remote steer

Am gonna try a helm & cylinder. tried & true and positive

Anyone else have this system, other than Ofishal who I'm copying

Kh

Alot of us do what you going to?? outboard to outboard or the other?? And where do you live? if your in the vic area I you can check out my systemkinda hard to explain it all via a frum.

DUDE!!! just do it I will come and help you install it..........Get off the pot and ****, already......LMAO:p

Ducker now refers to himself in the 3rd party?????Alllllriiiiiiiiiightt Finaddict likes it. Finaddict says go for it. Finaddict is pleased. :D

Too funny...I have to come to FD's defence - he saw the light and has the second helm set up like the rest of us. Once you get it you will never go back. Get a hydraulic second helm and be done with the playing around.

Has anyone ever tried using a conventional steering system (uflex or teleflex rotary helm and cable) using the tilt tube and have it totally separate from the main engine steering?

yes thats what i have and seems to work great like I stated earlier if your in the vic area call me and you can check it out

Does anybody have any ideas about steering from I/O to kicker??

My boat has a I/O and a yami 9.9 kicker, both motors can be steered by either the forward helm or the helm on the back of the cabin. All you need is 2 threeway hydraulic valves and some hydraulic (steering) hose. Basicly you plumb in each of the valves in your main steering lines (on my I/O both steering lines had couplings that were easily accessible just above the engine) , install one on the left side, one on the right side. run your new hose from both valves to your kicker (hydraulic ram) bleed it out and you are good to go. The way mine is set up, both valves are just under the engine cover (keeps em out of the weather). When you want to select the main leg flip both handles towards the main and when you want the kicker flip both handles towards the kicker. Works well and easy to install.

All you need is 2 threeway hydraulic valves and some hydraulic (steering) hose.

If you use 2 three way valves you may develop a leak in either the kicker or main motor steering ram. When you isolate either you may create a condition where you hydraulic lock the ram with the steering fluid expanding and possibly pushing fluid past the seals on the ram. I use one three way valve and one tee instead of the second valve.

Thanks Wolf for the help in sorting this out!

cheers

If you use 2 three way valves you may develop a leak in either the kicker or main motor steering ram. When you isolate either you may create a condition where you hydraulic lock the ram with the steering fluid expanding and possibly pushing fluid past the seals on the ram. I use one three way valve and one tee instead of the second valve.

Thanks Wolf for the help in sorting this out!

cheers

Good point!, I had never considered using one valve only, it makes a lot of sense. I'll give it a try.

thanks

Glad it worked out for you gypseas come over any time bring beer and we will watch a nuk game LOL LOL Bc boy basically the same way i did mine got the hoses made up at coast industrial and plumbed it in love the system and like you can steer from back or in the cabin.... hydrolics are the only way to go

wolf

Baystar by teleflex with dual helm pumps hoses etc cost me about $1000

The teleflex tie-bar system works great and it's about $400 I've run it on my boat for two years now with zero problems.

Back