Sooke Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Last Chance, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Last Chance

Last Chance Admin Staff Member

This thread is for Sooke fishing reports and information for the Spring and Summer season, post your reports on Halibut, Salmon and whatever else here.

2. Doug

Doug Active Member

Sat I Hali fished JR with two moms, and three 12 year olds. The water had a 1/2 foot chop and it was sun/cloudy.

Fishing was great during the Ebb and we had four on and they landed two (not that easy for a 12 yr old) and the biggest as 47lb. Only caught one dog but I got four gray cod which I very rarely see in the Jordon River area.
    Salmon belly was the bait most fish hit on.

During our trip back to Sooke we probably past 20 boats hali fishng.

3. sammyslabber

sammyslabber Active Member

Out with R. Hagel Sat. Limits -9 lbs. Today out with a bud landed 7 kept a 9 & 10 lost a bigger 1 to Mr.Wiskers fish full of Krill. Water flat calm & only a couple other boats all n all a nice morn.

4. Karma-Kazi

Karma-Kazi Active Member

Saw you coming off the water as I was headed out. Where did you hit your fish? We trolled infront of fraser and aldridge not even a hit. Saw very little bait.

-Steve

5. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

Thats because you didnt pay up steve.... from last years bet.....LOL LOL

Wolf

6. Karma-Kazi

Karma-Kazi Active Member

Well then Wolfie, I guess I better get you your .25 cents so that I catch some fish this year. Ive had some good days of fishing but all of them were way down at the bluffs and having our boat at cheanuh its not a short run down that way.

-Steve

7. Tips Up

Tips Up Well-Known Member

Steve
    You might want to give Pedder a try. Much closer. I picked up a couple of decent springs and lost another in an hour on Sunday while waiting for the tides and wind to lighten for hali fishing. The usual tack from the can to the hole. Tons of fish on the screen.
    Tips

8. sammyslabber

You guessed wright F.G the place to be @ the moment is the bluffs spoons & plastic @120' ft has been the norm.

9. Rob H

Rob H Member

Went out from Cheanuh to Secretary/Bluffs/Trailer Park. Water was not nice to start with then got worse as the day went on. Got a good fish on to start off the Sooke harbour mouth, then a seal got it. We tried to get the gear back for half an hour but the seal won (did get the flasher back but the hook ended up in the seal's lower jaw). One hatchery kept and a small fish released then ran back to Beecher Bay at 1:30. Saw a boat get a fish when we arrived so we put the gear back out. Half hour later we got a 15 lb. down at 170 ft., went in after one more pass.

...Rob

10. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

Well Steve for added bonus ill bet you double or nothing....... interested??? LOL
    ill bet you you will be able to get a limit of pinks in Aug no problem.......LOL LOL
    and springs will be good as well...game on.... LOL LOL

11. bananas

bananas Active Member

231lb haly on the scale at i/o today . A local highliner.

12. Lipripper

Lipripper Active Member

Ohhh.... All the babies.

Sorry, somebody had to:D:D

13. Karma-Kazi

Karma-Kazi Active Member

Well Wolfie, Double or nothing sounds fine to me! Plus the pinks always help the hali bait bill! And they arnt half bad on a 6 weight.

Was out tuesday got one 8 pound hatchery off Swordfish Isl.

Out friday trolled pedder can bouy to hole for 3 hours not even a hit. Marked a little bit of bait but not alot.

Might try on sunday.

-Steve

14. sammyslabber

Out today with Rob H. & other Bud Jessie out of the gate with a good start 65lbs. nice to get the 1st. feed of fresh Hali. good battle to boot, little snotty but Capt. Rob expertly hung in there for a rewarding fish.
    Thanks again Rob H.

15. Tailspin

Tailspin Active Member

A few Fun Pics
    [​IMG]
    Happy Girls
    [​IMG]
    My New Skipper in Training
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. bigmeal

bigmeal Member

Nice pics Tailspin, Looks like the family had a great day out there and a nice but to boot!

17. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

Good job justin also see the tie downs on the reel (take note doug) LOL LOLtraining the pup already very cool!!!!!

18. Doug

Doug Active Member

All ready using them Roy

19. addicted

addicted Member

yup... i wonder how many people are zooming in on that picture right now and programming the coordinates in their box.... lol... Great pictures buddy!

20. Tailspin

Tailspin Active Member

No coordinates in there Addicted, just a chart of a big gravel flat:p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011