Sometimes It's Just Like God Is Goofing Around With His Finger-painting Kit...

No siree... I think we got a 23 and a 14 that day if I remember correctly

Cool. I was thinking that the colour hue was getting close to Pippen's Favourite colour (pink).

You are taking some really good pics man, how long have you been at it?

I used to many years ago take a lot of pics with a 35mm SLR, developing costs got to be too much once we had kids, and one day I am going to get a digital SLR body for my lenses and then I can get back to it. It is pretty cool to watch someone go through your picture albums and see when a picture really captures or moves them, and then you get to tell them the story behind he photo.

Cheers

BTW you guys are all putting up some really great pictures here, keep it up.

An old pic taken on March 26th. back in the mid '90's. Awesome day at the head of Bute Inlet up the Southgate.
Four guys and a pilot with a Jet Ranger all day.
Single most incredible river fishing experience of my life and, according to our very experienced pilot, the best day he'd ever experienced in many trips in there.

Take care.

ButeView3.jpg

One of my local pet birds.

Take care.

Jan10008.jpg

I would like to hear more of this heli trip......

I was bored....20 minute exposure

IMG_2413.jpg

NMB those clouds look like you were diving under ice....

Last edited by a moderator:
What can I say?
End of March, Chum fry everywhere, searun Cutthroat and searun Dollies or (I think) Bull trout, four guys including an 80 year old, a chopper and a pilot who has been there and done that and you're away.
About 11:00 AM a major hatch of Stoneflies happened and I noted some cutties feeding on them but none of us were set-up for dries and most wets were killing anyway.
I used nothing but a Bow River Bugger and a six foot sink-tip and lost count of how many I hooked and/or beached.
Closer to 100 than 50 for sure though.
The pics are pretty self-explanatory. It was dead calm all day and as perfect a flight in and out as you can imagine.
The senery alone was worth the cost but with the type of catching we had it was spectacular in all respects.

Take care.

Southgate.jpg

DollyRod.jpg

HeliCrew.jpg

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

Got bored today... took a walk around the potholes..

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

Best thread going all winter for sure. Keep em coming folks.

Went for a walk in the snow and brought my camera. Here's a handful of shots I took.

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

Nice shooting Tex ;)

The swimming cam doesn't work yet? ;)

not pictures but a couple videos I found today that just blew my mind

International space station passing over stormy Africa with milky way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GxH3Pnknhps

and the Comet Lovejoy meeting the milky way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nTeYc6zvJM&feature=related

really makes you think....I personally don't believe in god but I am overwhelmed by the complexity and vastness of the space we are so lucky to live in.

Edit: just found a bunch more, like 100
http://www.youtube.com/user/yourjudgeandjury

Page 6 bump....

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

Here's a pic from a few days ago showing the first crocus buds here on the Tyee Spit. Note ciggy butt which I didn't see when taking pic.

FebMisc12010.jpg

Here's the way I used to roll in the '90's when I made some raids on interior trout.
Caught the biggest rainbow of my life right here in 1993.

BroncoBoler.jpg

Take care.

Freakin awesome pics folks. Love how this thread keeps going. I just put Lippy's reflection pic as my desktop. Cool stuff for sure.

Oh Oh I might have to put that Mexican sunset one as my desktop...................keep them coming folks. AWESOME!!!

Back