Sierra fuel/water separator rubber seal Fail

Reeltime

Went to check the filter for water dumped it and as i went to put it back on i noticed the rubber seal
had swollen in size and would not fit back into the slot it was done ! ..that's from 6 months of use
took it back and the store had no idea why ,exchange it ... i put it on hand tight snug no tools to
crush the seal , i've taken it on and off before with no problems ...

Guess a spare one would be a good thing if you decide to check it and run into that problem
especially in the middle of no where..

Maybe the fuel swelled it or the ethanol in the fuel. Probably a good idea to have a spare in a sealed container though. I have emptied mine and not had that problem too.

i had to cut a new gasket out of a buoy once because of this.. i figured gas station fuel did it.. sounds like it from others too.

Had it happen to me as well but was able to squish it back in (barely) but mine was a racor filter . I dont think it matters what filter even had the other end do it . I keep old gaskets from prior ones that didnt expand on boat for back up now...

Leave it out for a while or warm it up with a heat gun and quite often they will reduce in size again. Ethanol

Back