Query: Angler ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronNoggin

Just wondering if anyone here recalls a couple of anglers:

From Courtney, known to drift the Stamp dropping their drift boat in at the Falls on occasion.
Not many that go through that much exercise, so might ring a bell to someone here?

I do kind of remember, just can't place them at the moment is all...

Have a message to relate...

Cheers,
Nog

I think I know why you are asking. But too nice to say anything. I can say that you might not see them fishing the Stamp or any other river for awhile. Sad to say but silver drift boat guy is a repeat offender has no regard for the rules what so ever.
Maybe a few others will get the message.

I know exactly who you are referring too and I can give you contact info if you still require. Not friends of mine. What happened to him, just saw him and his bud up island with there big silver drift boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't think that many saw the show yesterday. Stealthy fish cop indeed, came out of the bushes like a cougar after a dog. Good work done.

It must be winter............

I heard he was bow fishin fish on their redds ;)

Fishing after their hatchery limit?

No point in dragging this one out any further. I have been informed who they are (Thanks btw).

These Fools had 3 hatchery fish on the beach, left them behind, and wandered over to the little Island below the Falls. Both fishing. Pretty quickly one of them killed their 4th fish. A local suggested they should probably tag that one, and they snarled back at him to mind his own business, and that such a small rat of a fish wasn't worth tagging. No sooner got those words out than the CO stepped up. Apparently the larger of the two got a little worked up, and tried the intimidation routine - Bad Mistake! Kind of wish he had pursued that, would have been right interesting watching him wade back to shore in bracelets! :D

Handful of tickets, carried the seized fish up to the CO's truck, and informed next offense will result in gear and truck seizures. Apparently these two are in the "Known to Police" file as repeat offenders.

The new CO in town is a serious breath of fresh air! Not only a rather nice Fellow, he and his partner have been seen all over the river this season, in many places a CO has never been before. He informed a few of the Ladz that it is his personal mission to "clean up the act on the entire river". Good On him! I wish him All The Best in this pursuit, and sincerely hope he HAMMERS each one of the Idjuts he catches!!
7.gif

I'd LOVE to see that video Fishmyster!!
1.gif

As for the message, something along the lines of "Don't come around here no more" comes to mind.
More than a few of us WILL be watching...
6.gif

Cheers,
Nog

One day on the news saving the world, the next day being nabbed by the co's.....What a difference a day makes!!

Lol nice try bags! I was on the Cowichan river the day that happened! Anyhow, I'm more into c&r. I've kept one this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wondered how it works. Anyone know if you can you get a ticket for each offence you are found guilty of, or is there set fines based on first offense, second offence etc...... Say you had a barbed hook and you used bait in a banned area, is that 2 separate fines?

I've been told in saltwater guys get hammered per barb, which really must add up especially if you're stupid enough to be illegally running a barbed treble :eek:. I also think I read on one of these forums that 80-90% of guys checked on the salt are busted for barbs (when using the shirt test) because of incorrectly pinched barbs. Ever been checked??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back