Quennell Lake fishing

Eric

Hey guys. My wife and I are going to make a little trip to Quennell Lake for 2 days. Just us, no kids. ahhhhhhh.
Anyway we are going to try bass in the mornings and evenings with trolling for trout in the days (or maybe bass too with some Rapalas)
So does anyone have any tips, like colours used, spots that produce the big ones, depths, etc?
Thanks. I do have to look good for the wife. Be terrible to get skunked!

Hey Eric,

Quenelle Lake is great for bass. There is so much cover to fish. I prefer to fish plastics on this lake hitting all the cover but this time of year would be great for jerkbaits, crankbaits or spinnerbaits. I tend to head left off the docks and fish the cover down that arm. When I get to the end I then go straight across into those back bays. This is a good time to throw topwaters as well.
If they are not hitting the hardbaits then you will need to slow down and throw soft plastics like the 4" SinkSlo, 5" Soft Shad or 4" Slugger type baits. I rig them weightless on a spinning outfit for the best presentation. There may be a chance of having to use a Carolina rig in the deeper parts of the lake but I don't think that would be the case.
Good luck and I can't wait to hear the results.

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey Eric,

Quenelle Lake is great for bass. There is so much cover to fish. I prefer to fish plastics on this lake hitting all the cover but this time of year would be great for jerkbaits, crankbaits or spinnerbaits. I tend to head left off the docks and fish the cover down that arm. When I get to the end I then go straight across into those back bays. This is a good time to throw topwaters as well.
If they are not hitting the hardbaits then you will need to slow down and throw soft plastics like the 4" SinkSlo, 5" Soft Shad or 4" Slugger type baits. I rig them weightless on a spinning outfit for the best presentation. There may be a chance of having to use a Carolina rig in the deeper parts of the lake but I don't think that would be the case.

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey Eric,

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Hey Eric,

Terry Skipper
www.reactionbaits.com

Ahhh, Terry my true idol.
You just know that if we get anything serious we'll be taking pics. Especially if we get em off your Reaction stuff.

You just know that if we get anything serious we'll be taking pics. Especially if we get em off your Reaction stuff.

Congrats Eric!! Very nice specimens of Smallmouths. You just need to practice "that" pose :) Well done!

Congrats Eric!! Very nice specimens of Smallmouths. You just need to practice "that" pose :) Well done!

Back