Powell River 2015

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by TheHurtLocker, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Active Member

Smart sometimes..... Ass well maybe :)
    I can also read..... Post says Kiddie not Kitty. Kiddies the northern tip of Texada. Also known as Coho Point. On a chart it's called Kiddie Pt.

I know where I am..... :)

2. TheHurtLocker

TheHurtLocker Well-Known Member

We all tub out early around here! :D

3. Jencourt

Jencourt Well-Known Member

I wish this thing had a like button.

4. Fish Assassin

LOL...... Nice :)

We caught 3 and only kept the one for dinner. All three were caught on the 3.5 kitchen sink TKO. It was a bit lumpy going across at 11, but it was a great way to get some more hours on the new motor. Flew back across just after 2. Got back to Comox in time for a short BS with a couple other members in the parking lot. Now time to figure out what to have with this fish for dinner

5. leftcoast

leftcoast Well-Known Member

Great to see I was sitting at the in laws watching boats come and go from the PR harbour it was killing me. Rumor has it the fishing was hot!

6. spring fever

spring fever Well-Known Member

Looks like the new power,Itroll etc etc is working out for you Owen. Can't believe it -it's raining in Baja today--big guided tuna trip out of San Jose on tues. This guy knows his stuff-now if I can get my tongue set right out the side of my mouth-maybe we'll have some sashimi. LOL

7. scar tissue

scar tissue Member

hit harwood up for a few hours yesterday nothing but undersize.

8. Fish Assassin

That was yesterday, today is a new day :)

Going to run across with the family once the sun shines and the boat melts. Jessica is all excited to go catching this morning. Thinking I'd head over to Texada

Hope to see some of you out there. I'll try to post some live reports and hopefully some pictures of some nice looking feeders.

9. Fish Assassin

Watch out for the dead head :)
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

10. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

Thanks for the heads up I almost hit it!
    image.jpg

11. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

Hey FA, How you making out over there?

12. Fish Assassin

Three undersized..... Still trying :)

Nice to see the water flattening out

13. Oly1

Oly1 Active Member

Pretty tough to miss that dead head in calm weather anyways. Unless you aren't paying attention when you are trolling I would think.

14. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

Us too! Couple cod released too! Beauty day out here.

15. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

Heading to Kitty pretty slow over here!

16. Fish Assassin

I bailed as well :(

To many undersized

17. TheHurtLocker

We were out for the afternoon tide, fished Coho Pt. Beautiful day, that's about it, had nothing but the shades on.

18. TheHurtLocker

Going to head out today for tide at 2 ish. Thinking of making the run to Grant. Anyone out?

19. Ken J

Ken J Member

Making my first trip up to Powell River area Wed or Thursday for a couple of days. Anybody connecting with salmon in Grants or Kiddie Point areas?

Thanks.

20. TheHurtLocker

I was at Grant Reef yesterday for tide, released one undersize. It was really slow. Guys have been doing well right in front of the marina and ferry terminal the last couple of days.