OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by fishin_magician, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Derby

Derby Well-Known Member

we'll that's nice...I'm still recovering from last Friday night..;)

2. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

It's purely my youth. :p

3. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

No.....will keep it purely keepers and bbq shots.

4. fishin solo

fishin solo Well-Known Member

Take some selfies with your foil hat on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. wishiniwasfishin1

wishiniwasfishin1 Well-Known Member

Pippen,
    All this chat of reports and legal fish, and bbq's and not single report as of 245pm Friday? Maybe you are 'working' too hard over there? Shame on you...

6. getbent

getbent Well-Known Member

Yeah, WTF??? Heading out in the morning for some eats for the Super Bowl Party.
    Would be nice to hear of the BBQ escapades.
    No weenie shots either.

7. Hookin'up

Hookin'up Well-Known Member

C'mon Guy,
    you know he can't help himself, if its pink or even rhymes with pink he'll be showing it off,
    I hear he was up close and personal with some sailors today

8. scotty

scotty Member

Out today not a sniff at tunstall bay down to Cowan point. Ok prawning, crabbing ok. Boat behind us ran across to Thrasher this morning saw them back at the dock with four nice springs. Damn! Should have gone beauty day out there. We had quite the experience out there with the kicker catching on fire! Holy Shit!! The excitement never ends with this boat!

9. hastamanana

hastamanana Member

Jan. 31.jpg
    out yesterday for a couple of hours. Almost twenty boats around Thrasher. We found three keepers, 9.5-11.5 @ 135 on 'chovies, and of course lost one no stick that may have been bigger, returned two other undersize.

10. captmike

captmike Member

in past yrs area 29-6,7,9 and 10 have been closed to the retention of springs till July 15. I can't find the 2015 regs on line covering this. anyone have the latest?

11. J-GLOBAL

J-GLOBAL Well-Known Member

A couple hours at Tunstall either side of high tide today. Nuthin.

12. Pippen

Pippen Well-Known Member

We ended up there on Friday....TONS of bait but zippo for fish.

13. Salmon Seeker

Salmon Seeker Member

There doesnt appear to be anything in the regs about a closure in those areas. ive been fishing the coal ports throughout january with good success, a few keepers each trip.

14. captmike

captmike Member

I finally got in touch with Barbara Mueller at DFO,a sportsfishing resource manager who said area 29-6,7,9 and 10 the" banana "are open to the retention of 2 chinook a day min 62 cm till Mar 31 2015.

15. Hookin'up

Hookin'up Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification

16. sir-vivor

sir-vivor Well-Known Member

That would be great if the fish were in there before that

17. Salmon Seeker

Salmon Seeker Member

There are fish there right now. but its ok if you want to leave them there for me. been out 3 times and kept 5 and released 1 undersize.

18. fishin_magician

fishin_magician Well-Known Member

Time to wake this thread from the dead. An associate of mine went across the way Sunday--Gulf Islands looking for the bounty which has provided some awesome days for local guides this winter and it was dead as a nail. Meanwhile an associate dredged a 14 pounder in front of the freighters Sunday an hour after high slack with undersize shaking the rods. A local angler jagged a nice one about 18 pounds from Tunstall and another local pro found some fish in Howe Sound as well.

Fishin' Fever...catch it!!

Time to think about getting your ride ready for the coming season...

*names and specific locations have been omitted for reasons of fishing sanity and sportsmanlike behaviour...fish on friends...fish on.

19. Percy Stipec

Percy Stipec Member

I fished Soames point yesterday with small lures. I got about a dozen soles 5 of which were decent size and I kept. I also felt a seal that was following me around rip off a few nice fish. I got a small octopus as well which was cool but I released it.

20. Tightlines22

Tightlines22 Well-Known Member

Hooked two Springs south of sandheads and landed this one today. Saw a few others landed as well. Turned out to be a nice afternoon on the water. image.jpg