help with my lund

S

salmonspanker

Hey guys, i just purchased a 16ft lund a few months back. I have a 50hrs merc to put on it but it is ment for a console not a lund set up(handsteering in the stern). I was wondering if there is a chance i could disign a center or side console for the lund so it would accomidate my 50hrs set up. Does anyone have any ideas of how i could do this or people i could see to do this. appriete it!
Spanky
Fish on

Spanky, you can get a side console as an accessory/option for the lund. I have seen them, try a google search. Also check and see if a tiller handle is an option for your motor.

Salmon, I did up a side console on a 16 springbok a few years back, Alumminum is so easy to work with. All you need is a decent jig saw and a air chisle to blast off some rivits and a half sheet of 3/16 plate. Draw something up make a few trace templates and its done. Or you could cut it and have someone tig it up instead off rivits. It's as easy as wood. The side console gives you more room and is way easier to get by in a 16 foot boat. I might have some pics around?

Well a few years back i made a center concell for my 14 livingston as a school project, but it was a little easier because i just thru bolts through it to the float beam goin up the middle of my boat(style of the livingston. But madddog i would apprieate any pictures if they are availible. Thx for your imput guys
Spanky
"Fish on"

Well a few years back i made a center concell for my 14 livingston as a school project, but it was a little easier because i just thru bolts through it to the float beam goin up the middle of my boat(style of the livingston. But madddog i would apprieate any pictures if they are availible. Thx for your imput guys
Spanky
"Fish on"

Back