Front light location?

Pitre

Was wondering where the optimal location would be to mount front lights for my boat? Low on the front of the bow or higher off the hard top?

Boat is a 20' aluminum hardtop and bow is exactly like the open concept like the Hewes craft.

Go low on the bow, less reflection off the boat. I mounted 4 LED's on the front of my boat for night rescues during the show. Made the mistake of putting two up on the hard top, major glare off the front of the boat, could barely see out the window, had to take them off and remount them.

If I were doing it again I would put them below my bow so there is no glare off the front of the boat at all.

Does your boat have a bow pulpit? If so mount them under that so they point directly out on the water with no part of your boat in the way.

Looking at all the boats in Quastino that run a lot in the dark, all their lights are below the bow, must a reason for that.

Best of luck.

Go low on the bow, less reflection off the boat. I mounted 4 LED's on the front of my boat for night rescues during the show. Made the mistake of putting two up on the hard top, major glare off the front of the boat, could barely see out the window, had to take them off and remount them.

If I were doing it again I would put them below my bow so there is no glare off the front of the boat at all.

Does your boat have a bow pulpit? If so mount them under that so they point directly out on the water with no part of your boat in the way.

Looking at all the boats in Quastino that run a lot in the dark, all their lights are below the bow, must a reason for that.

Best of luck.

Back