Fishing Sooke Basin & Harbour - Anderson Cove

RogueFisher

Hello,

I'm living in East Sooke for the summer and I brought my 17' Willie drift boat and 8hp motor with me. Brought some salmon gear with, and I've got a couple of crab traps. Looking to buy a couple of Halibut rods as well. Definitely plan to get out fishing out of Becher and/or Pedder Bays, but I'd also like to see about fishing the other side.

My primary focus is to fish with my 3-year old daughter, so I need to find a good "quick-strike" option as her attention span is that of a gnat. There's a little "rustic" boat ramp at Anderson Cove that I'm considering using - its about 5-minutes from my house. Does anyone have any advice on whether its worth my time to put in there and fish from there to the Basin and/or Harbour?

Thanks for any help!

Best spots to hit would be Otter point or by Secretary Island but I would never ever bring my daughter out in a tiny drift boat that could be swamped with a 2' wave.. I would seriously re-consider going out into the straight with that boat.. I have seen Becher bay get rough as well with a wind shift.

Back