2018 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Discussion in '2018 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by SFBC, Jan 1, 2018.

1. SFBC

SFBC Admin Staff Member

Post your 2018 fishing reports here!

2. Redfisher

Redfisher Active Member

Beautiful day on the water. Managed to get into a few winters thanks to Andrews spoons and some cooperative bait balls. Interesting to see herring, anchovies and some small perch inside them. Hopefully the picture posts here.

[​IMG]

3. bigredsnapper

bigredsnapper Well-Known Member

image.jpeg Managed to get out Wed aft for a couple hours with Bushy. Lots of birds and bait out deeper off Ballenas and water was flat calm. My side hit first and I knew it was a keeper, and Bushy the net man did a good job and as soon as it was in the boat his rod went crazy. He grabbed it and the fish took off and peeled out a lot of line. We both thought it was a large fish but when it was in the net it definitely out fought its weight. Almost a double header but two fish in short order. Bushy had bait and I had on an old Coyote spoon.............BRS

kelly, Fishin26, ILHG and 9 others like this.
  4. Westcoast Fisher

Westcoast Fisher New Member

Got out a bit later on Monday with my brother inlaw and fished out front. Tried a new spoon Contraband made by Pesca. The glow is unreal on these spoons! Anyways caught a couple on it but all undersize. Tried a green glow splatter teaser head as well with 5” anchovies which did really good too for the 2 hours we were out. Nothing of size though. Lots of head shakers. Water was lake calm and tones of coho jumping a few we got a kick out of because it looks like they were going to jump in the boat lol. All in all though felt good just to get out and drop lines. Hope everyone had a good and successful weekend of fishing!

MRWood, RBL and big rock like this.
  5. RBL

RBL Member

Nice to hear about Coho jumping around. It would be really nice to see the bluebacks make a comeback in this area. I miss the days when you could catch one after another on light gear dragging a bucktail off the back of the boat.

6. Original

Original Member

Off Bowser was quite the show with seals, killer whales and commercial guys. Not much chance for the fish :-(

Attached Files:

7. Stizzla

Stizzla Active Member

Gross.

8. Newfieslayer1978

Newfieslayer1978 New Member

Well spent 4 hours out there this morning all depths from 160 to bottom spoons and chovies not a sniff. ..

9. lordofthesprings

lordofthesprings Active Member

yeah had the same experience on saturday there was full moon i think that threw things off

10. Newfieslayer1978

Newfieslayer1978 New Member

Welll it may have been the full moon... But all in all there has to be a few fish around... I know a few of my buddies were picking up some high teens off hornby. .you would think those fish would be around out front aswell.. Perhaps give another kick at the can tommorow if the wind stays down... I can officially say that was my first skunk and not even a hit... Hope it gets better

11. Randy waugh

Randy waugh Member

Well we got out this morning was a little slow but come slack tide we got 1 out off the top hump @ 265’