2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

It looks like the winds should be light tomorrow so we might venture out to Cowen for the first time. Hopefully we can find some pinks to keep the boys entertained.

Some hogs came from HITW recently also point Atkinson has its moments this time of year.

55-110 using chovies and white hoochies
I've been hitting coho higher. Even caught one on a chovie with my line still running on the surface while I was trying to set the line on the clip. Seems the Chinook are running deeper so you should hit one or the other. Good luck and tight lines

Depending on the wind, heading to Thrasher Rock on Thursday morning to try some Lingcod fishing. Think we are set for gear but have a question when using bait (leftover salmon bellies and old Mackerel) how much weight on the line is optimal for fishing that area as I know the currents can be strong at times.

TIA.

Sorry for the late report. Fished south Bowen Saturday. Lines in the water by 5:30 am. 2 fish in the box by 5:50. 12lb red and a 18lb white. Lost 2 nice ones at the boat shortly after and released about 7 undersized. Sunday we were off sandheads, first fish within 5 minutes of setting up. Released 7-8 undersized and lost a few. Couldn't find a keeper. All in all, it was a good weekend of fishing. Heading out again this week.

Last edited:
Tried West Van today up to high slack...mostly pink apartments to fisheries with white glo hootchies and spoons. Missed one but it was very slow. Looked like a good school at 30ft by Ambleside but no love today.

Had a real tough time with tangles today with the spoons and hootchies while stacking. Didn't seem to have any issues when I was using bait and hootchies......is that normal with spoons or inexperience?

Tried West Van today up to high slack...mostly pink apartments to fisheries with white glo hootchies and spoons. Missed one but it was very slow. Looked like a good school at 30ft by Ambleside but no love today.

Had a real tough time with tangles today with the spoons and hootchies while stacking. Didn't seem to have any issues when I was using bait and hootchies......is that normal with spoons or inexperience?
leader length on the spoons?

Back