2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Discussion in '2015 Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by Admin, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

Thought you got bigger on the ass end. Just released an undersize and a P-Cod.

2. Fish Assassin

Fish Assassin Active Member

I put a 115 on the back :)

Ive tried texting you. Not sure why it won't go thru. You change your number?

I am going to pack it in real soon and head back to Point Holmes and jig some herring.

Good Luck,

3. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

WOW! A 115 you must fly out there. I was gonna stop on my way out but didn't see you so I figured they wernt there.
    I am not texting you back because my data plan isn't that big.

4. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

We are calling her a day! Maybe stop at Point Holmes for a herring jig. See you on shore.

5. Fish Assassin

I slowed down and checked from the spit out and back again didn't mark much in the way of bait around the shores. There was though a fair bit out in the straight but deep. 200ft balls in 700ft of water down 200+ feet. I'll wait till they come closer to shore. Hopefully :)

Good day out there though, thanks for the updates Inthenet.

See what the week brings maybe I can get you or some other SFBC members out

6. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Qwen-- the herring have been moving in and out of Seal bay for a number of days. As you know Kitty was (is) loaded too.

7. Fish Assassin

Was...... And the name is Owen

I'll call you.

Looking for for someone to go fishing if someone is interested

8. johnfw

johnfw Member

herring on

lots of herring along east side of Denman this a.m.
    Pehaps mistakenly, I have kind of thought that spring fishing is lousy when the herring are spawning but maybe that is wrong?

9. Fish Assassin

Was all ready to go fishing then I was told that it was really foggy. With the new power and radar I think I'll be just fine.

Just stay off my bow :)

Just joking.......

But I will be somewhere in that fog bank with Big Bruce waiting on the sun to shine thru

10. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

Hey FA,
    Don't see you out there? You lost in the fog? How's the fishing for you?

11. Fish Assassin

Awesome sunny day, seas barely rippled, Big Bruce is laying a beating on the salmon. Can't complain :)

How's Work? :)

12. Fish Assassin

Ended the day with a double header and I limited out on beautiful red springs.

Fish caught on an assortment of tackle today all down deep. Lots off bait out there today

Fisheries was out on the water today. Great to see, as well as creel surveyor at the dock. Second surveyor I've seen in the last two days.

13. Inthenet

Inthenet Member

I couldn't see you from my office window but I could see others catching fish. Good to hear a good report.

14. LowTide

LowTide Member

We saw the Fisheries boat pull over a Prawner around the Fingers here the other day. They just checked his licence and left him alone even though he was Prawning in a closed area. They didn't even check any other boats. The fishing was too slow to bother, I guess.

15. Fish Assassin

Got out today and set some bug traps....... EC and BWG both lied. It's got snotty out there.

None were berried, numbers were low. Prawn tacos for dinner tomorrow I guess.

Just glad to at least get out and catch a few.

image.jpg

16. Sculpin

Sculpin Well-Known Member

That looks awesome with all 8 traps up there :cool:.

How much was the commercial license? LOL!!! :D.

17. Fish Assassin

Had a guy follow me today into the gas station just to get a look at my setup. Man he loved it. Then guys were looking it over at the ramp.... They were so impressed. Man this boat is turning heads.

Well off to have my prawn snack.....
    image.jpg

18. Sculpin

Sculpin Well-Known Member

I find it's mostly glass guys that are jealous of what you can do with an unpainted alloy boat ;).

Thanks for the report. I can't wait to get back out on the water.

19. eaglemaniac

eaglemaniac Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  20. Fish Assassin

image.jpg