Search results

1. Clint r

Tell Your Best Joke

2. Clint r

Stearing failure.

How’s this working out?
  3. Clint r

FN0294 FishingBC App Catch Log will now Sync to Your License and is a Valid Record, even when Offline

Fishing in the salt since 2007. Never been checked. Fishing Mabel lake every few years during salmon season. Checked often. Sometimes twice in a day
  4. Clint r

Is Area 18 currently open for Chinooks?

Down load the fishingBc app. It’s a pretty good one.
  5. Clint r

Downrigger not laying cable on spool evenly?

I think you’re onto something here. My fair lead is pushed up a bit. Enough that the cable has wore a groove in the insert.
  6. Clint r

I’ll double check but think it’s still in the original position
  7. Clint r

Good one. I Just ran out and had a look and it’s smooth as can be In there
  8. Clint r

Here’s a new one for me. My cable (yes cable) started to pile up on my rigger unevenly. Looking at it side on its shaped like a mushroom. Lots of cable on the top half of the spool and about half as much on the bottom half. It gets to a point where the top just falls down into a bunch of loose...
  9. Clint r

Jetski fish or use a boat, ? For a newbie?

Best river fisherman I ever met salmon fished off a jet ski
  10. Clint r

2024 Derbies?

Ok to post freshwater? Some ktown guys might like to come out.
  11. Clint r

130 HP Honda Propeller Replacement

Ahhh I know that feeling well. Very first thing I did on our very first trip to Renfrew was grind off my prop coming through the river mouth
  12. Clint r

Vacation in British Columbia/ Alberta - some kindly questions

I wish that it did. Probably better if they made an actual freshwater one though. Regs are confusing enough. Mabel lake, has no fishing zone for freshwater angling and a seperate but partial overlapping no fishing zone for non tidal salmon and it’s super confusing.
  13. Clint r

In Hindsight Advice (seeking not giving)

First trip in our own boat was a 14’ fiberglass out of Port Renfrew. Never forget my wife’s eyes when we came out of the bay into swells as high as a barn. We killed the coho that day.
  14. Clint r

We used our old 17.6” campion more than any other boat we’ve had before or since. Easy to tow around and there were days we’d roll up, launch and be gone while guys in their bigger boats were still waiting for the tide to come in. Not to mention how cheap it was on fuel.
  15. Clint r

Boat registry tax

I got a free boat for parts one time and because I printed a copy of the ad there was no problem with tax’s. Until 3 years later. Some random tax agent phoned me and said I needed to pay the tax on the trailer! When I argued it came with no trailer she absolutely would not buy that. All boats...
  16. Clint r

Someone once described a bow rider to me as a “sea-spoon”. Makes perfect sense
  17. Clint r

Skip the shiny ****. Better to have a plain (read clean) dependable boat and add options slowly than jump in and buy someone else’s problems.
  18. Clint r

West Coast Guide Certifications

Marine first aid was outside the stuff we took In the svop course. Was right around $1000 in 2019 for the svop, meda3 and the radio operators course. Sorry I can’t help about the boat inspection, insurance or anything else other than the main classes mentioned above. Insurance was a dud when I...
  19. Clint r

Two motors charging two battery’s through one switch

Perfect. Thanks for clearing things up for me.
Back