Search results

1. capt. crunch

Now what???

Prawn fishing: 2 traps some rope and a float and a puller. Cheapest one I found was the Scotty on sale at Gone fishin' in Courtenay. Enter a topic in the search box upper right hand of the screen. Endless amounts of info in the archives. I've learned so much on so many things from there. I was...
  2. capt. crunch

dodger and hoochie/spoon combos

You've got too much gear in the package still. Need to get out and fish more. Lol :rolleyes:
  3. capt. crunch

Now what???

Winter fishing was excellent last year in the Campbell river area. I fished deep with glow spoons(Iron needle) and caught lots in the mid teens. Caught a red rockfish/snapper and a bunch of prawns 2 days ago.
  4. capt. crunch

What area to relocate to from Vancouver for best all year salmon fishing?????

Campbell river. Easy access to north and west island. Great winter fishing. Close enough to Courtenay's big box stores.
  5. capt. crunch

pop ups

Nope Not me.
  6. capt. crunch

2015 Campbell River Reports

Slow slow slow for the last 2 days. No bait lots of seaweed/grass = no bites. Didnt see any nets out either.
  7. capt. crunch

White springs in sooke

Seems like everyone I keep is a marble in Campbell river.
  8. capt. crunch

I need a bigger net! Some interesting moments at the boat. I was by myself.
  9. capt. crunch

Finally got my first Tyee today 31 lbs. Secret plug Lol 225 ft on the rigger 250 ft water Green can going against the tide. Pretty stoked I put alot of time in to get that baby, but I enjoy every second of it.
  10. capt. crunch

Had some good spring fishing on plugs at the green can today. 225-255 on the rigger.
  11. capt. crunch

The narrows can be dangerous, no denying that. If you run it on the right tide and wind it is not a problem though. Size of boat and power would make a difference too.
  12. capt. crunch

He said he was looking for pinks for the kids and you're telling him to drop the riggers to 250 and target springs?? The narrows isnt bad. Know your tides and winds.
  13. capt. crunch

DownImaging/Downscan - worth the extra $$?

How deep can you see your flashers? Speed?
  14. capt. crunch

What happened to Nogs Needle.

Damn.... double post.
  15. capt. crunch

What happened to Nogs Needle.

See previous post from Nog. Smaller sizes coming although I havent had that problem. Pretty much every hit Ive ever had on them stuck.
  16. capt. crunch

Anyways.... back to fishing. Pulled out a plug today. I rarely use them. Caught a 14 lb marble at the green can this morning 230 ft on the rigger in 300ish ft of water. White with red head. Couple smaller ones released as well. Jigged up a nice ling on the hump at low slack also. Mac deep.
  17. capt. crunch

88 lb spring

I heard there was an 88 lb spring caught and released in Milbanke. Can anyone confirm this. If its true what a monster and good on them for releasing.
  18. capt. crunch

Long arming or not. Look at the tail. Thats a big fish.
  19. capt. crunch

What am I doing wrong

Do you bring bananas on board? Haha
  20. capt. crunch

What am I doing wrong

Go out with a guide or someone you know that has no problem catching. When and where and what you're fishing all make a difference. Once you got the basics nothing beats time on the water. Cant catch em if your hooks not in the water and I seem to learn something everyday.
Back