Search results

1. Radar88

Do you fight or do you play the fish?

Don’t try to “horse in” a big Chinook on a single action mooching reel. They will make you pay for that. They will pull back even harder and Snap! Just another “One that got away story”! Makes sense if there are sea lions or seals or Orcas around to reel em in a bit quicker and try not to make...
  2. Radar88

Scotty Downrigger Switch

Anyone got any tips on how to replace said switches? No ones taking them in to do them at the moment. Any videos out there on how to? thanks.
  3. Radar88

Looking for Trollmaster bracket

I have been fishing with the troll master pro 2 for the last 5 seasons, absolutely the best setup I have used by far. Too bad I just ordered a new one for my new boat and I will have a spare Yamaha accessory kit with it as I have suzuki motors. You will love it though, so easy to dial in your speed.
  4. Radar88

Scotty DR Deals

where on fathers day?
  5. Radar88

Scotty DR Deals

Wow. that deal needs to happen again
  6. Radar88

Wanted: Used 90-115 HP 4-Stroke

Nice boat. I have the 16 ft. 1984 . she was a lake boat, turned salmon slayer. they handle the chop well.
  7. Radar88

Scotty 1101 Downrigger

There were two on used vic for 300$ for the pair. Heck of a deal
  8. Radar88

Abel reels

Buy local, buy Islanders. Better reels anyway.
  9. Radar88

25 Bertram TOTAL restoration

pretty swanky rig alright. one of a kind . ol DW has a couple 30 ft bertrams up at Stuart. always liked them a lot. minus the inboards.
  10. Radar88

Min kota 55lb and deep cycle battery

I would love to see some pics as well !
  11. Radar88

Abel reels

Tried them all guys. Don't like the knobs that the abels come with. Like the pick up on them. A little better than then mr3. Don't like the knobs islanders come with either for that matter. I make custom hardwood ones and my customers absolutely love them. I find the mr3 to have a smoother...
  12. Radar88

Nautilus reels

dont mess around just get MR 3 s I've fished all the mooching reels out there and i have returned or sold most of them and got more MR 3 s.
  13. Radar88

Favorite Halibut Trolling Set Up

Cut-Plug Herring trolled on bottom. Kills everything.
  14. Radar88

Rigging The Turd

My dad and I have fished the Turds for years. Run em long like a Chovy, 7 little beads below a big glow bead leading to two 5 ot Gammies spaced about an inch apart. Run em behind a cop car flasher in the sun, red glow on overcast days. Big fish setup. Good luck
  15. Radar88

Salmon shark?

what about lampreys? maybe a school of them attacked the salmon at the same time. this or the humbolt squid seems most likely to me. salmon shark bite would not look like that. neither would an orca bite.
  16. Radar88

15 pound finned cannon balls

Making any trips to courtenay or comox anytime soon? i could use a few!
Back