Search results

1. Goathorns

Prawn Gear

I have an ad in Craigslist vancouver in sporting goods. $400. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/spo/d/north-vancouver-prawn-lines-weights/7002063467.html
  2. Goathorns

Lowrance trancducers; 2 of them

1) Elite 5 transducer is a small transom mount type. Brackets available. this one has a broken neck, so needs gluing back together and wrapping with strong tape. OR epoxy glue in to inside of hull to shoot thru the fiberglass. It has a power cable, entering into the same plug. 2) large 50/200...
  3. Goathorns

Windex; original

asking $70, is in great shape. only a few minor paint chips.
  4. Goathorns

wheel bearing tools

I'm going on a long travel trip. What tools do I need in my toolbox if the wheel brgs pack it in? hammer, 3 pin punches, pliers, grease gun with EP3 grease, lots of grease rags. anything else?
  5. Goathorns

fishing Quesnel Lake

The first time for me on the lake, June 18, 19 ,20th. weather was good, and rainbows were biting on the 18th. got lots of hits running 2 fly rods trolling "bucktails" and spinners. about a 6 lber landed, and kept one about 45 cm. It had some ants and bettles in its stomach. weather went sour...
  6. Goathorns

Three Lowrance transducers

Elite 4x chirp, is multi frequency, 83/200/455/800. Elite 5 is 200kHz, with power wires attached. Wsu-hst type. Both have broken necks so need to be glued and taped, or epoxy into bilge to shoot thru the hull. $40 each. Also a dual freq 50/200 kHz larger skimmer from years back. $40. I was...
  7. Goathorns

Abandoned boats, where to report?

I was visiting Chemainus, and last week there was a 1979 Glassply with numbers 15K2045 sitting abandoned at the top of the ramp. Municipal Dept task, to the dump?
  8. Goathorns

Mercruiser 165 In-line 6

Was installed in July 2014. Has 482 hours since then. Is running great and can be seen and tested running in my boat. Using Pertronics Electronic ignition. Fresh water cooled. Lots of spare parts, alternator, heat exchanger, carb, start motor, fuel pump, cooling parts. Asking $2200.
  9. Goathorns

2 Rods, c/w reels

2 Pro-Tac MH 10'6" rods are rated to 40 lb test. Black with cork handles. Used rods, so cork and things are showing some age. All eye/ guides are fine. Grafite construction. Reels are Diawa 275B's. $100 for the pair. SOLD, thx.
  10. Goathorns

Manual downriggers, 2 Scotty's.

Model 1080: 30" booms, Power pro 200 lb. braid, good shape, Fish-on rod holder mounts on the booms. 2 mounts for your boats gunwhale/ side. $250. Also listed on Craigslist in Vancouver. If you need clips there are 2 ready to use, and 10 lb balls, but they are extra.
  11. Goathorns

Good pod candidate

1980 Fiberform Walkaround: 21' long, 165 HP Mercruiser. C/w 2003 Yamaha 9.9 HP 4 stroke kicker. 482 hours on main motor. Kicker is 2003, running well. Walk around style, could be made into a center console easily, small cuddy, small canvas cabin. Lots of room on the dance floor. It has twin...
  12. Goathorns

E-TEC spark plugs

My buddy has an E-tec 75 hp Evinrude. He seems to be going thru a lot of spark plugs, even though the use is minimal. Every time he takes it in for service they get changed, yet if only out 2 times a year, isn't that overkill? Then the part the really makes him mad, is if the plugs don't screw...
  13. Goathorns

50 kHz sounder head

WANTED; I'm looking for an Eagle or Lowrance sounder head unit. My Eagle SeaCharter 640 is unstable and the light goes out all the time. Anyone have something from 2004-5 or so? If it is a Lowrance I would need the power cord. already have the transducer c/w blue connector. LOOKING FOR 50 KhZ...
  14. Goathorns

newbie needs help in Comox area 14

Posting for a friend who has just this summer gotten his boat in the water, a 16" Sangster. Holidaying at Bates Beach or so. Are there any greenling,ling cod spots; shorelines, reefs, shoals on the Van island side of the straight, or any closure to know of. Crab spots?
  15. Goathorns

area 14; is ling closed now

I started searching the fisheries notices for a ling closure in the Courtney to Cambell river stretch. supposed to have started july 15th. can someone point me to the correct notice?
  16. Goathorns

Sangster's hull number not apparent

My friend has what he thinks is a 1982 Sangster, 16', and is trying to get it insured. However there is no hull number that is showing. He is looking in the right place, the upper right side when viewing from behind the transom. He says it has been painted, so do you think removing the paint...
  17. Goathorns

Thanks for the gas

thanks for the gas on Sunday at Gabriola. I made it to the fuel dock at Silva Bay around 5:30 pm , and after gassing up with 148 liters I was able to restart the main and go home. I will have to search for your phone number, Chris. I phoned Thunderbird and asked Frank if you had called, and he...
  18. Goathorns

WTB; old humminbird 4004D

I have a 50 kHz transducer. Need the sounder head unit. from the 80's.
  19. Goathorns

places to stay; Stamp river

Three of us; have a motorhome and want to camp at the Stamp. Is there a place at the old rifle range area that will accommodate us? Think I have read in the past they are open but have not been there in years! Thinking of later in the season versus right now. Will be bank angling for...
  20. Goathorns

need engine transported

I am going from north van. to west van. with a 6 cylinder engine and returning with the old engine to north van. hoping to get it done today, Thursday or Friday. Who would you call to get it done? Who could help?
Back