Search results

1. Reel Obsession

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

There are still a few around but not too bad. Much less than the previous week.
  2. Reel Obsession

What a great start to the season ! The weather was great allowing us to get offshore to the fish every day. Salmon fishing is excellent with most of our fish being caught at the outside corner of the highway. We had our first Tyee of the year hooked at 170 feet down, caught on a green glow...
  3. Reel Obsession

Thanks for pointing out my error SF...had a brain cramp as it should read 2 for limits. I have corrected the post.
  4. Reel Obsession

Salmon fishing has been quite good. Chinook are averaging 12-20 pounds with a few larger fish in the mix. Limits are being achieved by most anglers. Needlefish hoochies and anchovies have been the best baits this week. Purple haze squirt with orange beads was working exceptional for us. The...
  5. Reel Obsession

2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

The sun has been shining, the wind has been blowing, but with lots of fish still to catch. High pressure systems off the coast have brought strong winds with it. Gale force winds the last week have made getting to the off shore spots difficult at times. Getting out early in the morning before...
  6. Reel Obsession

As we swing into August the fishing around Esperanza has impressed so many this year, and is still holding strong. The last week we did see a few days of tougher salmon fishing. The winds were blowing North west 25-35 most of the week limiting where we could get to. The salmon bite was slow at...
  7. Reel Obsession

Off shore salmon fishing remains excellent. There are lots of springs around 6 mile and 12 mile. The bigger fish have been at the 6 mile reef. The 12 mile fish are on the bite all day, where as the 6 mile fish can be a little more tide sensitive. Fishing the flood and slack times on 6 mile will...
  8. Reel Obsession

The last week has been very successful fishing Esperanza. Salmon fishing in shore has been very slow, but off shore has been epic! The last few days we have had Humpback whales by the dozens feeding on krill and herring that are in biomass's like I have never seen before. Chinook are coming in...
  9. Reel Obsession

2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fishing remains very good off Esperanza. The beach fishing for Salmon has been a little slow the last few days, but off shore has definitely made up for it. Lots of springs in the 15 to 25 pound range are being taken out at the high way. 8 mile and 14 mile have producing limits in a couple hours...
  10. Reel Obsession

Halibut season length - any rumblings?

They have announced we will be open until December 31st. We still have over 200000 pounds to catch. Looks like there will even be quota left over.
  11. Reel Obsession

Big bites on big tides

Dropped the pick yesterday mid morning as the guys really wanted some halibut. The top of the Scotchman was barely showing so I decide to drop one line to see how it would hold. It didn't, so for about 15 minutes I kept letting line out with just the one wet rod. Once it held and I reeled up a...
Back