Search results

1. ziggy

Export A Salmon Shootout

I recently acquired a small duffle bag from the “Export A Salmon Shootout” looks pretty much new but I doubt cigarette companies are still sponsoring things nowadays. Any info?
  2. ziggy

Over prop

I have done some research but still don’t know how you determine if your boat is over propped. I have had her to different mechanics over the years and this has come up a couple of times. It’s also been dismissed by other qualified mechanics so I’m not sure if or how this can be resolved. I...
  3. ziggy

Soft side Coolers/ Kill bags

Just got a Reliable Kill Bag and wondered if any of you were using them. The only downside I see is the seams leak at the stitching. Not a problem if the bag is hung over the side, but not great for transporting the catch home. I see where they suggest using 5200 to seal the seams if you feel...
  4. ziggy

EZ Steer Detente Kit

I’m looking for the detente kit for my ez steer. I contacted CMP, the Manufacturer and they have them but shipping from the US is more than the kit.
  5. ziggy

Cannon Balls

Looking to buy a couple of 12 or 15 Victoria area.
  6. ziggy

4.3 Mercruiser TBI

Motor was running fine last week but today I headed out and couldn’t get past 2500 rpm. As soon as I gave her, more throttle she started bucking and wanting to stall. Only thing done since last week was addition of a bit more fuel, so tried to check the vent line ( history of burping), so tried...
  7. ziggy

Power Steering Return Line

I just recently developed a leak in my power steering return hose. The fitting appears to be good but the hose is cracked. Anyone know a company in Victoria that can change out the hose. I guess it would have to be a company that does hydraulic hoses In order to properly clamp the fitting...
  8. ziggy

Wanted Sidney Moorage for month of April

Looking to sublet a berth for a 24’ power boat for the month of April in Sidney or North Saanich area. Bringing the boat up from Victoria for some maintenance in the boat yard and thought I‘d do some fishing in my old stomping grounds. Tried the marinas but they are all seemingly just finishing...
  9. ziggy

Security Camera’s

Looking at perhaps installing some Security Camera’s around the house and wonder if anyone has any recommendations. I’m thinking of going for either battery operated wireless or perhaps even plug in, not looking to hardwire. Any info on brands and what to look for appreciated.
  10. ziggy

Pressure Canner

Hoping one of you experienced hands has some advice on purchasing and using a pressure canner. I’ve been researching online and have found some interesting facts, but having never used one there is lots of info I haven’t found. Just found out electric ones are not FDA approved and canners...
  11. ziggy

Shift linkage on Yamaha kicker needs repair

Wondering if anyone might know a mechanic in Victoria or Saanich Peninsula, who can do a quick fix on my kicker. I was ham fisted this morning putting her into gear and snapped a piece off on the opposite side of the shift lever. Sherwood Marine said it would take about an hour to replace but it...
  12. ziggy

Amended Requirement for Flares

Does anyone know for sure if Transport Canada’s amendment to lower the requirement for flares from six to three for vessels 6- 9 metres with VHF radios was ever approved. I have seen it in the Canadian Gazette, where it appears to have been passed into legislation, but all the current tables...
  13. ziggy

Navionics Renewal Warning

I just thought I’d warn people about my recent issues with renewing my Navionics subscription. I got an email telling me my subscription was about to expire and could be renewed while still active for $99 US. I thought I would take advantage of this offer ( not sure why) and went to the site to...
  14. ziggy

2lb halibut weights

Anyone on The Saanich Peninsula or close selling any?
  15. ziggy

Pender Island Whale Sanctuary

Canada has taken comprehensive actions to address the complex and interconnected threats that the SRKW face. Annually since 2018, the Federal Government has announced enhanced measures to address key threats to the population’s recovery, including the threats of reduced prey availability, and...
  16. ziggy

Seadek

Anyone used it? Know where to purchase on the Southern Island?
  17. ziggy

Sidney vs Victoria

I have an opportunity to move my mooring from Sidney to Victoria. I’m familiar with the fishing spots of Sidney and the weather patterns, Victoria not so much. Usually keep my boat moored year round so I can get out on a good day regardless of season. It’s a bit of a drive into the new spot but...
  18. ziggy

RV Lot Sooke

https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/RV-Lot-at-Otter-Point-Resort-Co-op_35872696# This seems interesting.
  19. ziggy

Important survey

Transport Canada Assessing Social/Economic Impacts Some of you may recall that 'Thriving Orcas, Thriving Communities' was on the 2019 Summit agenda. http://viea.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-VIEA-Summit-Program-WEB.pdf Transport Canada is now seeking to assess the economic and social...
  20. ziggy

Stripped Doghouse Screws

I noticed some of the hinge screws have stripped out of the hinge that attaches to my fibreglass deck. Have read suggestions of either adding a backing plate or filling with epoxy and re drilling. Because the hatch is opened frequently for oil checks etc, I want something that will not just...
Back