Search results

1. 2

2024 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

We did a trip out to Constance yesterday - the drop off at the south end was the most productive. 80 feet on the DR . The waterfront was dead.
  2. 2

What's happening to Used Victoria?

I have been using UsedVictoria for many years. I went to place an add today and a “Facebook” login popped up. It appears you now have to join “Facebook” in order to use Used Victoria? And to join Facebook you have to upload a photo Id (drivers license I assume) of yourself!. Facebook has had...
  3. 2

GoFish camera

I would like to hear comments (good or bad) from anyone that has used the GoFish underwater camera. Any suggestions on the best place to buy?
  4. 2

105 pound Rivers inlet Chinook

Does anyone have info on a 105.6 pound chinook caught recently at Rivers Inlet. The weight was calculated from taped measurements and released. From what I have heard several people witnessed the measuring and releasing of the fish. I would guess this is a world record for sport caught chinook.
  5. 2

CFAX News Poll

CFAX-1070 News Poll: Is the Department of Fisheries & Oceans new restrictions on salmon fishing off BC's coast -- too severe? www.iheartradio.ca/cfax-1070
  6. 2

Daiwa Tanacom 750

I would like to hear from anyone owning a a Tanacom 750 electric reel - just general feedback on reliability and cost of maintenance. Daiwa recommends replacing the power cord every 2 years - has anyone replaced or had problems with the cord - cost?
  7. 2

2017 Frostbite Derby?

Anyone know if the Frostbite derby is on this year?
  8. 2

Cowichan River Chinook

Anyone have info on the chinook returns in the Cowichan this year?
  9. 2

Possession Point

Does anyone know exactly what the black pipes are running down to the water from those ugly townhouses on Possession Point? - sewer outfall? ?
  10. 2

Double Eagle windshield frame - paint flaking off

I would like to here from anyone with a 2007 or later Double Eagle boat, with paint bubbling, and or paint flaking off the windshield frame. I presently own a 166 Double Eagle bought new in 2007. Approximately 7 years ago, the paint (or powder coating) on the windshield frame started bubbly...
  11. 2

BC Hydro paid 672 million above market price for private power in 2015

The owners of IPP's (Independent Power Projects) were paid $1.217 billion in 2015 for private power that could have been bought for $545 million from Washington State. BC Hydro has contracts up to 40 years with IPP's - the taxpayers of BC will get screwed every year, for many years to come...
  12. 2

Chinook or Coho?

A fishing buddy of mine caught this fish off Sheringham yesterday. We thought it was a wild coho, then noticed the black gums just as I was going to remove the hook. There are almost no spots except for the a few on the top half of the tail. The fish is a male - just wondering if anyone else has...
  13. 2

Victoria Gas Tax Petition

The Victoria Regional Transit Commission wants to add another 2 cents a liter tax on gas - we are already paying 41 cents tax for every liter of gas. Here is a link to the Canadian Tax Payers Association online petition to stop the new...
  14. 2

Gordon Campbell running for Conservative nomination

Is this the same Gordon Campbell that drove BC Hydro and BC Ferries into the ground, and has the lowest approval rating of any politician in Canada? http://bc.ctvnews.ca/pollsters-gauging-support-for-gordon-campbell-as-conservative-mp-1.2191277
  15. 2

HERRING SALE Fishermen Helping Kids with Cancer

The annual herring sale is Saturday November 29 at 27 Erie Street - $20.00 for 20 pounds or $15.00 for 10 pounds
  16. 2

Tom Gaglardi damages fish habitat

Crown calls for Tom Gaglardi to be fined $300,000 for altering fish habitat...... http://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/crown-calls-tom-gaglardi-fined-300000-altering-fish-habitat/
  17. 2

Marine fog lights

I have been looking for a marine fog light for the past year - just a simple portable LED fog light that could be mounted on the boat, just in case the fog rolls in while I'm out fishing. I know a radar reflector will help, but most boats don't have radar anyway. I have checked everywhere online...
  18. 2

Bite Me derby 2014

I'm trying to find a link (with boundary info and rules) to this years Bite me derby - I can't seem to find any useful information.
  19. 2

Island sports fishing best in years — chinook catch ‘spectacular’

Surprised no one has commented on this front page news story - "Island sports fishing best in years chinook catch ‘spectacular’. According to the stats 3200 chinook were caught off Victoria in the last month (??!!) There were many days no one was out fishing with the big winds, so the average...
  20. 2

BC Carbon Tax

According to Stats Canada British Columbians love the carbon tax - even though an Ipsos Reid poll says the rest of Canada wants nothing to do with it. We are more than happy to pay 6.67 cents extra for every liter of gas. BC will also sell unlimited amounts of coal to China with no carbon tax...
Back