Search results

1. E

Cowichan update - lost hound?

A buddy and I drifted the Cowie today. All clear from Stoltz to Vimy. However we also encountered what appeared to be a lost cougar hound. Dog had two collars that appeared to be powered and what looked like perhaps an antenna of sorts, perhaps GPS unit. I would have picked it up if it had not...
  2. E

dodgers by wayne laughren

brands51 I posted earlier offering to give you two of these dodgers. Check my previous post, my username is eastside I supplied an email address. All you need to do is contact me via email and we can sort out the details to get them into your hands. Hugh Scott.
  3. E

dodgers by wayne laughren

I have two of these dodgers one is used the other is new in packaging. You are welcome to them at no cost. Just need to make arrangements to get them to you. I believe these were made in different sizes, the ones I have are roughly 12 in long metal only. Not including riveted plastic clip. You...
  4. E

Newbee - UK Angler - Visiting the Island for month September

PM sent. Hope this info helps.
  5. E

Cowichan River Driftboat Hazard

Thanks for the update.
  6. E

R.I.P. Dave [The Roadrunner] Tickell..........

I first met Dave when I was a teenager living in North Vancouver in the late sixties early seventies. I was new to the steelheading game at the time and he was kind enough to spend some time with me and show me some of the rudiments of the sport. I used to haunt the Lynn and Seymour and would...
  7. E

Cowichan River

We drifted last week and noticed that large tree. Thought it would not be too long before it would be in the river, did not think it would be this soon. Good thing is it is visible from a reasonable distance upriver and one can take appropriate action. Thanks for the heads up. Don't want to be...
  8. E

Cowichan

Glass boats may well drag easier than aluminum, but the fact remains, it is not fun to have to drag them at all. As the river drops that pull at the Washout is only getting longer.
  9. E

Cowichan

Fished yesterday, the tree at the washout is still causing problems , it is now a long drag over dry gravel for anybody drifting. I also talked to another angler who told me that there is a new tree partially blocking the flow below Sandy Pool. On a different note , I noticed quite a bit of sign...
  10. E

Why are jets banned on the Gold?

S2, An excellent post, I totally agree with many of the points you made. I also share your concerns about the derisive names used to describe shore anglers. Just to make sure this reply is not percieved driven by jealousy let me say that I own and use both a driftboat and a jetboat.
  11. E

Why are jets banned on the Gold?

S2, An excellent post, I totally agree with many of the points you made. I also share your concerns about the derisive names used to describe shore anglers. Just to make sure this reply is not percieved driven by jealousy let me say that I own and use both a driftboat and a jetboat.
  12. E

Found at sea

I also have seen this fellow under tow by a 12 foot aluminum, same reason out of gas!!!
  13. E

Found at sea

Back