2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Do you know whereabouts, Derby. I'm off to Thrasher tonight!

Heading up coast in boat today near Halfmoon Bay for the weekend. Any tips/advice on fishing up that way would be greatly appreciated. I know Thrasher isn't too far from there but will have girls with us so something nearby is preferred! Have a good long weekend everyone, forecast looks great!

Gonna run over to silvabay this evening to fish for the weekend. Heard the algae is back in a bad way. Anyone else over there this weekend?

Heading up coast in boat today near Halfmoon Bay for the weekend. Any tips/advice on fishing up that way would be greatly appreciated. I know Thrasher isn't too far from there but will have girls with us so something nearby is preferred! Have a good long weekend everyone, forecast looks great!

I highly recommend stopping by the gas dock in Secret Cove and grabbing yourself some live herring.
If you don't know how to mooch he has everything anything you can give you some great advice.
It's a really fun way to fish and your guests should really understand it.

Murph, Red and gokart:
I too am heading over to Silva Bay tonite after work. On vhf 88A, "Salmon Shark" or Easpoint works.
Will Keep you posted if I run into something good.
Cheers.:cool:

Hippa, Re half moon bay . Can be good salmon fishing on the NW side of Thormanby Isl. Called Epsom Point. Watch the depth there, lots of structure. Its not far from HM bay.

They where out of live bait yesterday not sure if he got more, it's a bit of a run but Texada is usually good. Upwood point/Anderson bay/ pillings are all good if weather permits

Good fishing at thrasher yesterday! We fished in a little deeper water 1000'-1200' and ran two anchovies (green brine and shined) at 157' - 175' with green glow flashers. As soon as we hit the first keeper we marked the spot and just kept turning on it and got fish every tack. Prawning was terrible but didn't have high expectations so I'll take the 12 prawns as a bonus snack. Crabbing was good as well with limits with no soft shell. Best part was I didn't loose any traps this trip! Lots of fish around so enjoy the weekend and hopefully the wind stays down.

Going by recent prices, those 12 prawns would be about $375 worth.............................

Enjoy.

I highly recommend stopping by the gas dock in Secret Cove and grabbing yourself some live herring.
If you don't know how to mooch he has everything anything you can give you some great advice.
It's a really fun way to fish and your guests should really understand it.
Dang, didn't know anyone still sold liveys, thanks for the headsup! That would be a blast. Haven't done it in years.

Anyone have any luck today local .. hitting Bell /QA in the morning ..
I got a decent sized one a 1/4 mile SE of QA at 110' on the rigger with a green hoochie. About a hour before the low. Only one other boat (Bon Chovy) out there and saw them get into one around the same time.

Last edited:
Hi Reeltime.
Fished QA area today . Started late, 10:30 fished till five. Into four, landed one lol. Darn rookies don't know what keep the tip up means.
Action on dark green and white spatter back hootchie , 32 inch leader , back behind green flasher 135 feet. Other action on white green coyote same set up, four ft leader. Same depth.

God luck out there.

Last edited:
I'm as well heading to Silvia Bay Sunday morning and staying over night at Silvia Bay marina. Good luck everyone, the weather should be gorgeous.

Same same.

Im hoping the wind doesn't get too hairy or I may just have to stay until Tuesday and go for a swim in that HEAT ;)

Back