2017 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I'm crossing tomorrow AM. Waves shouldn't be too bad as the tide won't be ripping and only 5-15 winds. Hopefully i'll see some of you out there! toss me a wave i'll be in the old 25ft. Bertram. Hull has a red line wrapped around the bottom
Im still thinking about heading over fir late morning. How was it?

Started at Grande at about 10 am. Two landed. One legal about 9 lbs released and one under. On bait 100 ft rigger and 500 ft water. Nothing else there so fished at 1100 ft in the straight, 600 and 400 ft out front of thrasher bUT nothing else since. About 40 boats out between grade and thrasher. Haven't seen any other fish being netted all day.

That fisheries officer is mixing up his opinion with the regulations.
It's perfectly acceptable for people to catch fish they aren't capable of landing without help, whether they are handicapped, elderly, very small or very weak.
Not too mention the fact that they sell salmon tags, you can't sell it and then arbitrarily decide it isn't valid.

You can go right ahead and think that---and that is bullsh*t.

There is no onus on the seller of the license about the reg. The onus is on the license holder to fish legally. That is what the license is...your sworn declaration that you will adhere to the regulations.

Assisting is one thing, doing it all for them is another.

Get a bunch of kids in car seats on board and say they are fishing is not assisting.

For someone to be fishing they must be handing the rod or reel it in. If they cannot hold the rod or reel the reel to keep it on the hook, then safe to say...you are fishing for them and taking care of their catch.

Fishing is a privilege, not a right.

I have fished and guided many disabled people. When they couldn't hold the rod due to a prosthesis, another guest did while they reeled...and the other who could not reel held the rod. As a guide, I assisted by landing. Similarly, to assist someone in fishing requires that you have a license as well.

I have also had a legally blind person on board...they reeled in 20 pounders like a champ....and could not see the fish until it was nearly in the net.

Topics over FM. No one is fishing with kids in a car seat. As I said before, get a grip.

The people you are talking bout are the ones that would poach anyway, not the guys here with young kids out for a laugh.

And no, it IS MY RIGHT. What kinda crazy way of thinking is that?! Some unelected office monkey is going to tell me that fishing MY WATERS is something they will "let" me do.

Get a grip.

Hey man, I'm just playing it as it lays. Just cause a few people paid you to take them fishing doesn't mean your some authority on the topic.

You can go right ahead and think that---and that is bullsh*t.

There is no onus on the seller of the license about the reg. The onus is on the license holder to fish legally. That is what the license is...your sworn declaration that you will adhere to the regulations.

Assisting is one thing, doing it all for them is another.

Get a bunch of kids in car seats on board and say they are fishing is not assisting.

For someone to be fishing they must be handing the rod or reel it in. If they cannot hold the rod or reel the reel to keep it on the hook, then safe to say...you are fishing for them and taking care of their catch.

Fishing is a privilege, not a right.

I have fished and guided many disabled people. When they couldn't hold the rod due to a prosthesis, another guest did while they reeled...and the other who could not reel held the rod. As a guide, I assisted by landing. Similarly, to assist someone in fishing requires that you have a license as well.

I have also had a legally blind person on board...they reeled in 20 pounders like a champ....and could not see the fish until it was nearly in the net.

Does it actually say something in the regs about this, or are you just applying your own ethical standards?

Enough with the drama guys come on this thread is for reports...
Got another two in shallower near thrasher. Decided to kill a nice red. 5 to boat so far today.View attachment 32892

I was at Thrasher at around 8 and hooked at least 20 fish, kept a 15lb and rolled the dice but never got another legal size. Back at the ramp couple of guys in a brand new 20 foot Tracker had their limit from QA area ,the fish were still alive in a big fish well in the middle of the boat.

Does it actually say something in the regs about this, or are you just applying your own ethical standards?

Yup. Sure does. Suggest you read it...

Test it out....watch what happens.

:) :)

I was at Thrasher at around 8 and hooked at least 20 fish, kept a 15lb and rolled the dice but never got another legal size. Back at the ramp couple of guys in a brand new 20 foot Tracker had their limit from QA area ,the fish were still alive in a big fish well in the middle of the boat.

I have seen this before....interesting.

A lodge was doing this in the Charlottes and got busted high grading a few years back.

Odd that someone would elect to do this and run around with all that water in the livewell locally. The Fraser is awfully crappy water right now too.

I'm on them now but quitell a few under size. 7 to the boat now and couple shakers and couple lost. Fishing now between 400 and 150 ft.
It's big time illegal to transport live fish. Holy crap man that is F'd!!

Back