Decent Boat.

I'm always leary about a rebuild, especially when I don't know the shop that did the work.

What are people thoughts on the reliability of the Volvo Penta driveline?

I'm always leary about a rebuild, especially when I don't know the shop that did the work.

What are people thoughts on the reliability of the Volvo Penta driveline?
it is not a penta driveline it is a old omc c drive, i am suspect of the mechanic looking at the risers and the stack of spacer nuts on the riser bolts, looks like a hack

Kinda scary how he pained everything blue sort of lipstick on a pig...... guess couldnt find shorter bolts then that ..your not going to have a good seat doing stuff like that especially where its important.

I always wonder why someone would need to rebuild an engine with such low hours as well. The add says the boat has 800 hrs on it. If so why would the engine need to be rebuilt at those hrs. 800 hrs on an inboard should reallly be nothing.
All good points coming in, a guy learns a lot on posts like this. Good eye gentlemen.

We're in Edmonton, Capilano area just off the river. And you?
We also have an acerage on the island we have been clearing for a few years, Sooke, Shirley well about French beach actually.

Located in St.Albert. Maybe we could hook up for some local fishing? I launch in the NSR frequently, one just down the road from you

Not to hijack the thread, we can P.M!

I never understood people selling boats and not posting proper pictures in their add. That boat could generate some interest with a few more pics.

Yeah me neither.. That last one is one he emailed me and is probably one of the better ones although sideways. He said he could get more however the boat is only about 10 minutes away from me.

Back