Scotty Downrigger Sale

Thanks for mentioning it - it is a good price for a single holder downrigger!

Don't forget to enter coupon code FALL for free shipping.

Last edited:
Shipping to the store is always free if that's an option.

Also, I apologize, I thought I was in the General forum when I posted this.

Salted, I was thinking it was a stellar price for a H.P downrigger loaded with braid (save you another $40)?

It is a deal - thanks m'man! I got a couple, and a friend picked one up too (we needed them shipped).

Also, that Scotty Prawn Puller is $349. I haven't seen that one in action, but I know it's a super low price (usual sale price is $399). I've used the Ace Brutus and heard good things about their customer support.

These Downriggers are actually the first thing I've ever ordered from Cabela's - Gone Fishin' and HC have gotten (and earned) every other fishing $ I've spent.

Cheers,

Salted

Same here ordered two, gonna pick up in store in Nanaimo on our camping trip next week, maybe take the boat up and fish Qualicum/French Creek.

Last edited:
ordered a couple here as well. pretty hard to turn down that deal. should be able to sell my older ones to help subsidize the new ones...
thxs for the heads up Prairie Locked!

Weeeell-I needed new braid on my riggers and my eyesight is not the steely pilot glare it used to be so the lighted digital readout was a must and--let me see and I need to try my old rigger in Mexico and (this wasn't cutting it ) then the break through-It is cheaper than the 5 yards of fish compost you got last week!! My riggers should be here next week!!! LOL Old Age and treachery will always win over beauty and youth!!!

According to the website the 2106b's are on for 619.99 now. Was it a pricing error or has the sale ended?

According to the website the 2106b's are on for 619.99 now. Was it a pricing error or has the sale ended?

Cabelas sent me a shipping notification (ordered mine Friday), so it looks like they're honoring the price for completed orders. Most of the other Scotty stuff (accessories, etc) is still on sale at the same prices, but the 2106B rigger and 2500 puller are no longer as low.

Oddly enough, my wife joked: "They cancelled your downriggers" yesterday. After she saw how pissed I was getting, she started to snicker (man did she get a kick from outta that). In retaliation I ordered the Scotty Puller, so at least everybody's happy! (the Prawn Puller is up to $449 now too)

Thanks again Prairie Locked!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm assuming the sale is over. They were out of stock online but you were able to still place a backorder.

If you missed out, keep your eyes open for them on Black Friday, they may have a similar sale in November.

Thanks Prairie Locked,

Such a good deal I bought two riggers and a puller even though I don't have a boat (currently shopping)!

Just scraped in under the wire for the cheap price when I ordered them at 1pm today.

Thanks Prairie Locked,

Such a good deal I bought two riggers and a puller even though I don't have a boat (currently shopping)!

Just scraped in under the wire for the cheap price when I ordered them at 1pm today.

You could mount them to your wheelbarrow and have a friend push you around the yard.

Called to find out the shipping date on my riggers-very non-committal and in fact kind of intimated I might not get them- soooo Will wait and see but I didn't get that warm puppy dog feel after talking to them. Going to create quite the stir if they renege on the deal when they are still advertising them at a higher price!!! Just sayin!!

I got an email yesterday from Cabelas saying they would be shipped UPS since they didn't want to take a chance on Canada Post possibly going on strike. (I had filled the checkmark in to request Canada Post shipping.)
I replied saying that would be fine in this case, but also gave them the comment that I always prefer Canada Post as my shipper since UPS gouges Canadians horrendously with over the top brokerage fees with any cross border shipping. shouldn't be the case in this purchase but I'm not a "fan" of UPS. (that's stating it mildly...)

I got an email yesterday from Cabelas saying they would be shipped UPS since they didn't want to take a chance on Canada Post possibly going on strike. (I had filled the checkmark in to request Canada Post shipping.)
I replied saying that would be fine in this case, but also gave them the comment that I always prefer Canada Post as my shipper since UPS gouges Canadians horrendously with over the top brokerage fees with any cross border shipping. shouldn't be the case in this purchase but I'm not a "fan" of UPS. (that's stating it mildly...)
So-what date did you order yours??

Back