2024 Winter Harbour Reports

Solo winter harbour trip in June sounds gnarly,
We’re heading up there the first week of June, looking forward to it, hope the weather cooperates
Which days? I’m heading up the 31st for 3-days. Weather depending.

Which days? I’m heading up the 31st for 3-days. Weather depending.
June 7-10 , there’s a dozen of us going, staying at Oli’s lodge. Im gonna be doing the bring your own boat thing with my buddy in his kingfisher.
Weather looks horr-awful for the next 2 weeks but looks like a break might be coming after that.

June 7-10 , there’s a dozen of us going, staying at Oli’s lodge. Im gonna be doing the bring your own boat thing with my buddy in his kingfisher.
Weather looks horr-awful for the next 2 weeks but looks like a break might be coming after that.
Be up there Junes 9-11 , in a grady white, fishing out of Winter Harbor, always happy to compare notes and reports!

I’ll be up June 10-14 staying at the outpost. First time fishing WH looking forward to reading some reports. Hoping some of the more sheltered water is producing as most of us get sea sick pretty easily haha

A heads up for those who launch in Port Alice. The upside is we should have a much better ramp when the work completes
1717202215519.png

Is Port Alice or Coal Harbour a better launch ramp? Which is steeper and do either of them have finger docks? Parking? I am in Port McNeill in a couple weeks, but toying with the idea of a day trip out Quatsino if the weather cooperates.

Back