2024 Ucluelet Reports

New Year's Day action!

If you can get out there, you have a chance to find them.

Weather and sea conditions have been challenging to say the least, and a safe and comfortable window has been hard to find.

This clip-popping hatchery keeper was on the bottom between the Lighthouse and the Red Can, and hit a custom flash-fly behind a blue glow/chrome flasher.

Here's hoping for some more decent fish to match conditions as the year progresses, I hope to get out occasionally before getting the boat wet for the season come April 1 when more options open up.

Be safe, have fun.

James

Maximum Coastal Adventures

www.maxcoast.ca

IMG_0370.jpg

I will be fishing Ukee for the first time in many years. I believe there is a "boundry" line somewhere in the inlet to Ucluelet where they don't want you disposing of fish carcasses. Can anyone give me a approx location of said boundry. I am trying to see if there is a place before the boundary to get out of the way of traffic and fillet the days catch before getting back to the dock. Thanks

The boundary is probably the slow to 7mph sign. I clean salmon on the grounds, but sometimes drift around out past the sign to fillet a rockfish or ling, but usually filet salmon and Hali at the dock tables. Gut bucket needs to be critter proof to dump next day. Guides filet inside the boundary from what I've seen.

I will be fishing Ukee for the first time in many years. I believe there is a "boundry" line somewhere in the inlet to Ucluelet where they don't want you disposing of fish carcasses. Can anyone give me a approx location of said boundry. I am trying to see if there is a place before the boundary to get out of the way of traffic and fillet the days catch before getting back to the dock. Thanks
Everyone pretty much cleans in the inlet. That's all good. They don't want anyone dumping carcass at the small craft harbour dock. If you clean at the dock cleaning station, take your carcs back out with you the next day and toss them.

Was on offshore Thursday and Friday, picked a few halibut up. Friday and Saturday morning tried lighthouse and couldnt find a salmon. Good trip, early still, a rare salmon skunk though for us.

Back