Wow, keep them whites

sir-vivor

Well learnt a new one today, after 35 yrs smoking salmon with the "family secrete recipe" and refusing to try smoking White Chinook, I have to admit its FANTASTIC! Probably better then I've ever done.
If you hate to eat Fresh and or canned White Chins .....Definitely smoke them , Yum Yum 20211203_150714.jpg !!

Well learnt a new one today, after 35 yrs smoking salmon with the "family secrete recipe" and refusing to try smoking White Chinook, I have to admit its FANTASTIC! Probably better then I've ever done.
If you hate to eat Fresh and or canned White Chins .....Definitely smoke them , Yum Yum View attachment 72794 !!
White chinooks are like the Prime rib of salmon. Imho...BBQ..smoked or whatever.

White chinooks are like the Prime rib of salmon. Imho...BBQ..smoked or whatever.

I agree. I like them. I had a friend that would go crazy for whites. Whenever she came to my house I’d make sure to send her home with a few packs.

Really good smoked. Love it!!

If you like lobster meat you will like white spring. If you don't like lobster or white spring, just add more lemon butter!!

I also noticed a few more independent bones threw the meat, you guys notice that , or was it just me ??

Look at @Reeltime ’s smoked fish in this thread. Makes me hungry every time I look at it.

Smoked white or marbled Chinook is the best IMO. BTW, good on you for taking the advice of this board and trying it. Nothing wrong with smoking a 35lbs Harrison’s fish in the salt and smoking it. Even a clean ocean-caught chum makes great smoked meat.

Look at @Reeltime ’s smoked fish in this thread. Makes me hungry every time I look at it.

Smoked white or marbled Chinook is the best IMO. BTW, good on you for taking the advice of this board and trying it. Nothing wrong with smoking a 35lbs Harrison’s fish in the salt and smoking it. Even a clean ocean-caught chum makes great smoked meat.
Yup proves you CAN teach an old dog new tricks haha

Back