Wolf back from sask!!!!!!!

wolf

Well after a week in Sask boy glad I am back to this weather "NOT" wtf is with that came in from Nan.yesterday afternoon wow.ok back to the trip

Got there on Sat. after I spent WAY too much at wholesale sports in calgary man what a great store the thing is huge if you get a chance go there a real blast and tons and tons of good toys there!!!!!

Temp sunday a nice 5 to 9 degrees then woke up monday morn to - 15 and a bit of snow was like that and worse for the whole time great hunting weather but unfortunatlly the rut was on the downside bigtime missed it by about a week. looked for 3 days for a big buck but hard to find passed on a few good ones, so thursday with time running out we decide it was time to be not so picky we go some really nice bucks.
Lot of the deer were banged up from fighting and we saw about 150 to 200 deer a day but lots of mule and whitetail does and small bucks as the big boys were playing hide and seek!!!! we got the first one weds. late afternoon then 2 on thurs. and the last one late friday here are the pics the first one was my buck I shot!!!
Sasktrip2007010.jpg

This one is of my hunting partner we got late friday afternoon
Sasktrip2007026.jpg

The last pic is of the racks from left to right is Garry our guides deer then mine, then my partner followed by my Dads deer
Sasktrip2007027.jpg

It was a great trip and saw tons of game will be back next year as the deer are a bonus but hanging with friends and familiy are more important sometimes.

Good luck Wolf

Well done Wolf. I was out in Cold Lake a few weeks back but for the first time in many years did not get a shot on anything. Glad to see you were successful. Great country out there. I stopped by the Wholesale Sports store in Edmonton and had to carry a kleenex to hold all my drool in one place. Awsome store.

We are in the south past a place called gull lake about an hour or so.

Wolf

Well done wolf,, You guys put some decent animals down for sure... Do you have any numbers on those bad boys... Not that it matters they are trophys by any standards...

No didnt even measure it I would guess maybe 140 to 145 for the buck I got as the one to the left had a broken G-2 and it was also a split on that tine as well so it would have been more but mine was the only one with nothing broken on it no hogs this year maybe next year!!!!!

Wolf

quote:no hogs this year maybe next year!!!!!

Heh.. ur idea of a "hog" must be different than mine. Drool...

All I hunt is island deer.. and as it seems... only small ones :(

BTW.. Is it just me or does ur deer to the far left look pissed off to everyone? Maybe it is just the camera angle.:) Kinda makes him look like rudolph's dad when he is mad at him.

Well He was up a does butt when we shot him maybe he was pissed we shot him who knows, Back there where we hunt those deer are an average buck sort of like a 2 pt here on the island like every thing we want bigger, we catch a 29 lb spring we wish it was a 30 and so on and so on, same thing if you get a chance to go back and hunt an area like that you will see what I mean we see about 30 bucks a day and about 150 to 200 different deer whitetails to some AWSOME mulies which is only open to resident.

Wolf

Hey Jack i can tell you if you look we got all the deer on the south side of the hills as the wind wasnt doing its normal 50 kmhs the first 3 days was cold cold cold and snowing and fog and blowing, it wasnt nice at all -35 windchill most of the time -20 @ the pics are all afternoon when it got to a nice balmy -17 LOL

Wolf

Back