Water in tank possibly

Well, the engine finally ignited. After I disconnected the kill switch completely, it started up. I disassembled it to see if I could see a problem. Nothing was corroded and it looked fine to me. I wiped it down and reassembled it again. I put it back in and it started up again. I did it 3 more times to be sure and the main started up fine each time. Maybe it had somehow gotten shorted out or stuck in the shorted position? I don't know. That would be very strange because the engine started fine first thing this morning at the dock. It only died after I had motored out about 100 feet or so from the dock.

The other possibility is that it was always a fuel issue, but with the low battery after many failed cranks it needed more juice to ignite? Don't know enough about these things to say whether that is how things work.

Happy because we are going on a trip to the Shuswap in a few days and it's pretty useless going there without the boat.

Thanks to all who posted their suggestions. I have learned more about the fuel system on my boat in one day than I have owning it for several years.

I am working on a fuel issue as well - lots of great advice here. Broke down and bought the appropriate service manual online - what an eyeopener or sure nice to follow the different systems through the book. May still have to get to a shop to get them to test the High Temp water pump and/or sensor but at least I have a way better sense of the engine overall. HIGHLY recommend getting the service manual!

I am working on a fuel issue as well - lots of great advice here. Broke down and bought the appropriate service manual online - what an eyeopener or sure nice to follow the different systems through the book. May still have to get to a shop to get them to test the High Temp water pump and/or sensor but at least I have a way better sense of the engine overall. HIGHLY recommend getting the service manual!
Where did you get it from online?

Back